Question / Help OBS worked, crashed & haven't worked since - MacBook Pro High Sierra

Olen4Real

Hello! I am new to the OBS community.

I stalled OBS on my MacBook Pro (High Sierra - ver 10.13.6). I had it all set up and working just fine. It shut down unexpectedly. I tried to reopen it. The icon would bounce in the dock, then stop. An error message would pop up. After a few iterations of this, I uninstalled OBS, re-installed it, restarted the computer and got the same error.

I included an error log.
Please help!

Attachments

• OBS Error.txt
    82.5 KB · Views: 24

Olen4Real

I found the OBS log files. Maybe this will be better than the Apple Error file I included last time.

Attachments

• 2020-04-02 19-17-12.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 2020-04-02 19-17-14.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2020-04-02 20-27-54.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 20

Olen4Real

Solution:
OBS was not the problem.

I tried starting OBS from the terminal window and it failed. The error was:
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Abort trap: 6

After a little research, I discovered that this plugin was part of the EpocCam install. I uninstalled it. OBS worked again.

danbient

Solution:
OBS was not the problem.

I tried starting OBS from the terminal window and it failed. The error was:
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Abort trap: 6

After a little research, I discovered that this plugin was part of the EpocCam install. I uninstalled it. OBS worked again.
How do you start out from terminal? My OBS does exactly what yours Did on my iMac and I cannot even get it to open without crashing

Olen4Real

How do you start out from terminal? My OBS does exactly what yours Did on my iMac and I cannot even get it to open without crashing

I'm not an expert at any of this, but I found the script below and ran it. Initially I ran it and got the error that's shown above. After uninstalling my web cam drivers, I open OBS as usual and it worked.

sudo /applications/obs.app/contents/macos/obs

Let me know if it works for you.