OBS won't work with Google Meet via Chrome

briesmith

I'm using OBS Studio 25.0.8 64 bit on a Windows 10 Professional PC. I want to use Chrome to access a Google Meet session but I get a problem when I try to do so. I have checked my Chrome settings and both camera and mic are unblocked and the Google Meet page when accessed directly lets me control them. When I switch to looking at the browser page in OBS I get an error screen saying I can't join the call and that the camera and microphone are blocked. If I go to the Google Meet page in Chrome everything is fine,the Google Meet session is live and working
OBS Error.png
. Chrome is up to date and so is Windows 10 and OBS on both. Log file is at https://obsproject.com/logs/S0-8vRqGs8Uv7YWw

Sidestrap

HI...I have this same issue...I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad 320 Laptop with integrated Camera running on Windows 10 Enterprise...I've installed OBS-Studio-25.0.8 and obs-virtualcam-2.0.5 however, when I try to open Google Meet in Chrome, in Settings, OBS-Camera is not on the list. The only webcam there is the integrated cam called "EasyCam"
How can I fix this so I could use it on my online classes?
Please help...

OBS Camera Issue.jpg

Last edited:

novia

HI...I have this same issue...I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad 320 Laptop with integrated Camera running on Windows 10 Enterprise...I've installed OBS-Studio-25.0.8 and obs-virtualcam-2.0.5 however, when I try to open Google Meet in Chrome, in Settings, OBS-Camera is not on the list. The only webcam there is the integrated cam called "EasyCam"
How can I fix this so I could use it on my online classes?
Please help...

View attachment 58530
I have the same issue here. please help

petenewk

I was experiencing the same problem. Interestingly, in the NEW Microsoft Edge, (I know, I know) the one that is basically Chrome repackaged by Microsoft, the OBS camera does show up at meet.google.com and it works fine.

Kaezee

I was experiencing the same problem. Interestingly, in the NEW Microsoft Edge, (I know, I know) the one that is basically Chrome repackaged by Microsoft, the OBS camera does show up at meet.google.com and it works fine.
I tried doing that, but it's still not working, it's showing error

svmourougan

I am experiencing the same issue with Microsoft edge also. OBS camera is not appearing in the list of cameras in google meet. I tries with firefox, ie,microsoftedge, chrome....same result ... camera failed message. only my physical camera is displayed

nuffut

I got the same error message in screen before joining the meeting. Only one physical cameras was an option. Once in the meeting, in Google Meet, select the three-vertical-dot options, then settings, then video... There my selection of multiple physical and virtual cameras were displayed.

pmckeen

Funny story: I was having this issue today and noticed the comment that "Edge works". I manually checked for updates in Chrome and relaunched, and suddenly the OBS-Cam worked. Not sure if it was the complete exit and relaunch of Chrome or the update, but regardless, it started working for me.

LanMartuk

I have been having problems with this. I couldn't get my setup to pick up on any web browser. IE11, Edge, Chrome (my preferred) or others. Within those, I couldn't get it to work with FB Messenger for video chats, TinyChat, or other chat services. By the process of elimination, I've found that when I unplugged one of my video sources, (Logitech 920pro). So, I had an idea. I opened up my source in OBS, and noticed that I had it set to where it wasn't deactivating when not showing. I checked the box so that when I'm not in that scene that's using that source, it's inactive. Now, when I load up my media sources on a site like FB Messenger, Tinychat, etc, it only pulls up the active sources which is my Camlink 4k, Snap Cam, OBS Virtual Camera, and another program installed on my pc. in my browsers, I have OBS Virtual Camera set as my default so that I can switch between scenes / cameras / snap cam filters / voicemod features, in whatever it is I'm presenting. The load up fine without issue now. Check that setting in your OBS to make sure unused video sources are set to "Deactivate when not showing"! I hope this helps you as it helped me

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 2,295

Dylan Jerez

[QUOTE = "Sidestrap, publicación: 468939, miembro: 262870"]
HOLA ... Tengo el mismo problema ... Estoy usando una computadora portátil Lenovo Ideapad 320 con cámara integrada que se ejecuta en Windows 10 Enterprise ... He instalado OBS-Studio-25.0.8 y obs-virtualcam-2.0. 5 sin embargo, cuando intento abrir Google Meet en Chrome, en Configuración, OBS-Camera no está en la lista. La única cámara web que existe es la cámara integrada llamada "EasyCam"
¿Cómo puedo solucionar este problema para poder usarlo en mis clases en línea?
Por favor ayuda...

View attachment 58530
[/CITA]
solo tienes que reiniciar tu pc y ya te saldra

ElronSmith

I found the solution for me. Possible it help others.
I use portable Chrome 98.0.4758.80, portable OBS 27.1.3 with OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5.
1. close OBS and Chrome, install Virtualcam with default path, then copy all these files to OBS portable folder (my folder is d:\_Install\Portable\PortableApps\OBSPortable\App\obs-studio\)
2. install vc_redist.x64.exe
3. run Regsvr32 in console as Admin, you should see dialog with successfull(!!) message.
3.1. from folder %systemroot%\System32\
3.2. or from folder %systemroot%\SysWoW64\ (!! this is my case !!)
cd %systemroot%\SysWoW64\
regsvr32.exe "d:\_Install\Portable\PortableApps\OBSPortable\App\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs-virtualsource.dll"

Dont forget to change obs-virtualsource.dll path
3.3. start OBS, start virtual camera
3.4. start Chrome - setting - Privacy and security - Site settings - Camera - select "OBS-Camera"

Dick Dawson

I found the solution for me. Possible it help others.
I use portable Chrome 98.0.4758.80, portable OBS 27.1.3 with OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5.
1. close OBS and Chrome, install Virtualcam with default path, then copy all these files to OBS portable folder (my folder is d:\_Install\Portable\PortableApps\OBSPortable\App\obs-studio\)
2. install vc_redist.x64.exe
3. run Regsvr32 in console as Admin, you should see dialog with successfull(!!) message.
3.1. from folder %systemroot%\System32\
3.2. or from folder %systemroot%\SysWoW64\ (!! this is my case !!)
cd %systemroot%\SysWoW64\
regsvr32.exe "d:\_Install\Portable\PortableApps\OBSPortable\App\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs-virtualsource.dll"

Dont forget to change obs-virtualsource.dll path
3.3. start OBS, start virtual camera
3.4. start Chrome - setting - Privacy and security - Site settings - Camera - select "OBS-Camera"
This is the trick for sure! I now have OBS 28 running for my shows and OBS 27 as portable to do an animated avatar using image reaction. OBS 27, using this method above, lets me use the old VirtualCam plugin for my animated avatar into google meets/zoom and all perfectly.

If you read the post im replying too and do not understand it don't worry and just follow the steps. The %systemroot% thing in it will take you right to where u need to be, its a windows thing. Just follow the steps and u will have it working.

@ElonSmith big thanks!