OBS won't open

reneduus

All of a sudden my OBS won't open.
After a reinstall of OBS i tried to update Mac to Sonoma and updated OBS to the newest version.
The program "jumps" 2 times on the menu bar, and then quits, without showing a OBS interface at all.

Link to crash log

Specs:
Imac
3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Sonoma 14.0

OBS
obs-studio-29.1.3-macos-x86_64

Hi-Lar

Exact same problem. All worked fine, then suddenly OBS gave out. Now updated to OBS 29.1.3 and Sonoma 14... still dead.

Not sure where i'd find a crash log to attach.?

SkyTrainii

All of a sudden my OBS won't open.
After a reinstall of OBS i tried to update Mac to Sonoma and updated OBS to the newest version.
The program "jumps" 2 times on the menu bar, and then quits, without showing a OBS interface at all.

Link to crash log

Specs:
Imac
3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Sonoma 14.0

OBS
obs-studio-29.1.3-macos-x86_64
Sorry I can't help except to affirm the problem. I am on Apple Silicon and just updated to Sonoma and now OBS will not launch. My icon bounces longer than two time but ends up in the app crashing and offering to send a report to Apple.

reneduus

Someone with a solution?
I have been using OBS for 5 years with no problem, and all of a sudden, I can't even open the program...

Harold

Logitech's plugin is currently known to cause these crashes.
You need to disable all integrations with obs in Logitech's g-hub then remove the plugin file from obs' install directory
Logitech's OBS plugin may currently be causing OBS Studio to crash on launch. If this is the case for you, follow these instructions to remove it:
  1. Open Logitech's G HUB software
  2. In G HUB, select the menu, then Games and Applications. Choose OBS, then disable any enabled integrations
  3. Open Finder
  4. Click on the Go menu, then Go to Folder. Paste in the following then press Return : /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
  5. Remove the logi_obs_plugin folder
  6. Launch OBS Studio