OBS wont let me use my webcam

JuicyPoopJutsu

I downloaded OBS to record video game footage for fun, I'm not very tech savvy. Recently, upon using Zoom and Google Meet for meetings, I noticed a big OBS logo obscuring my picture when I turn on my camera. When I went to video settings in both applications, it showed OBS as my only webcam, which is not true. I have a webcam built into my laptop that has worked fine for years. As a matter of fact, I've had OBS for months and this is the first time its ever obscured my camera like this. I found a fix for that, as others had the same problem, so i uninstalled the OBS virtual camera. Now my computer is acting like I just don't have a webcam, please help!

TheBailzOnYT

I downloaded OBS to record video game footage for fun, I'm not very tech savvy. Recently, upon using Zoom and Google Meet for meetings, I noticed a big OBS logo obscuring my picture when I turn on my camera. When I went to video settings in both applications, it showed OBS as my only webcam, which is not true. I have a webcam built into my laptop that has worked fine for years. As a matter of fact, I've had OBS for months and this is the first time its ever obscured my camera like this. I found a fix for that, as others had the same problem, so i uninstalled the OBS virtual camera. Now my computer is acting like I just don't have a webcam, please help!
Does OBS have permission to use your webcam?

JuicyPoopJutsu

Does OBS have permission to use your webcam?
Its already allowed on my antivirus software. When I go to OBS and try to add a video capture device, nothing shows up. Looked at Windows settings and found no camera period. Let Windows troubleshoot, nothing. So clearly this problem is bigger than OBS, thank you for your help!

TheBailzOnYT

Its already allowed on my antivirus software. When I go to OBS and try to add a video capture device, nothing shows up. Looked at Windows settings and found no camera period. Let Windows troubleshoot, nothing. So clearly this problem is bigger than OBS, thank you for your help!
Your welcome. It's suggested to check Device Manager to see if the camera driver has a error and if the driver is publicly available for download then download it from a trust worthy site