OBS won't export audio with video

JJFBlaster

I don't know what I did recently, but OBS suddenly refuses to output any audio with exports. All the devices and encoders are properly assigned, nothing is muted, microphone and other input devices work fine with other recording software, drivers are up to date, I can hear the audio with monitoring on, and this issue only arose as of this morning to my knowledge. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application, I rebooted and updated my computer several times, and tried a bunch of other solutions online, yet they all don't work. Attached are the log of recording footage and the exported video displayed in a video editor.

Attachments

• 2024-05-23 11-32-10.txt
    32 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (1359).png
    Screenshot (1359).png
    52.7 KB · Views: 7

PaiSand

The audio is there, but you choose to use the track 2 for it instead of track one. Most good video editors can see multiple audio channels. Looks like your's can't.
You can try extracting the audio file using a program like Audacity or similar and then add it to the project and manually sync it.

Also:

PaiSand

So, you think that an Unrecognised Encoder isn't a issue?
Try with the encoder that comes with OBS.

JJFBlaster

So, you think that an Unrecognised Encoder isn't a issue?
Try with the encoder that comes with OBS.
What encoder would that be? BTW, it still won't work with a RECOGNIZED encoder, too. Troubleshooting leads me to believe this is an issue between my PC and OBS specifically.

JJFBlaster

I went with what I assumed was the OBS encoder, and it worked. Now I want to know why all the other encoders suddenly stopped working?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1364).png
    Screenshot (1364).png
    5.7 KB · Views: 10