Question / Help OBS with NI Traktor Pro 2 and S8 Controler (Mac OSX Mojave)

Obstty

Hi !

Am going crazy with this one. Have been trying for a long time to get my macbook to livestream OBS with Traktor and a S8 Controler.
On my PC I just plug all this stuff in and it works.

On the Mac.....NOPE !!

OBS can see Traktor and I can select it as an audio input but it doesnt play any sound or say which channels on the S8 Controler it wants to use.

I have tried using Soundflower etc as an audio router but I cant get any of these to work since I just dont understand how to set them up.

Have watched alot of videos and read lots of articles but to no avail. The only thing that slightly works is a piece of software called Loopback but it costs 99 dollars and the sound quality seems bad. At least Loopback notices which channels are the master output on the S8 Controller and I can select those.

Does anyone have any experience with this area and can maybe walk me through a solution?

I would be extremely grateful !!

Thanks

Obstty

Yes it does seem to work but when streaming with OBS then there is audio crackling and feedback when Loopback is switched on.

Perhaps I am not using it right. If it worked well then I would buy it. Maybe I should contact loopback directly.

Thanks for the reply anyway !

Narcogen

I have to admit I am not using their latest version, but rather the 1.x branch of LoopBack. I have had performance issues with the update and have submitted logs to support about it, but the 1.x version works well with OBS and has no quality issues.