Question / Help OBS will freeze on the first the first scene and won't let me transition

nozaki

It's probably a computer problem for me, I think maybe my processor might not be sufficient enough to run OBS. But worth a shot to ask. Basically, exactly what the title says. It doesn't help that it also lags my entire computer and when I stream with it the bitrate shoots so high up, nothing responds in twitch. So, basically it just shows one frame of stream and no audio can go through but everything on the OBS program looks fine. Here's my log from my previous 'stream' on twitch. It was a few seconds long because the lag was so bad.

Narcogen

19:21:06.489: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 366 (16.3%)
19:21:06.505: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
19:21:06.736: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 1174/1293 (90.8%)

You're completely overloading this machine. Run the Auto-Configuration Wizard from the Tools menu to get some sensible default settings.

You're not getting 1080p60 out this machine. You're also not going to be running any CPU preset faster than veryfast, which is the default.