OBS when recording music it only records the voice, no instruments.

hotdon

I just installed OBS 29.1.1 on a Windows 11 using an AMD cpu. For some reason when i record a video, with a song playing in the background OBS only records the voice of the artist but not the instruments. I think it may be some king of noise suppression but I don't have anything set up. Again, I just installed it. I tried the same thing on a laptop with windows 11 and an intel cpu and obs works as intended. A song is recorded properly, voice and instruments. Log is attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2023-05-20 20-21-28.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 28

jamesselenla

You can try checking the audio settings in OBS and making sure the audio input is being selected properly (such as Stereo Mix or audio from your microphone if you want to record from background audio). Also, check for any adjustments in Windows Sound Settings that may affect audio recording.

qhobbes

1. You are running an old version of OBS Studio (29.0.2) which is not supported. Please update to version 30.1.2 by going to Help -> Check for updates in OBS or by downloading the latest installer from the downloads page and running it.
2. I know your log doesn't show that you're gaming but in Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. Run OBS as Admin. To run OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
4. Record to MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.
If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window.

How exactly is the song playing in the background?