obs websocket

KaziiTheAvali

i am unable to install to install obs websocket aswell obs websocket doesnt seem to come with obs im wondering what im supposed to do

KaziiTheAvali

1673208665332.png

AaronD

There are at least 4 different ways to get OBS:
  • *buntu PPA
  • Snap
  • Flatpak
  • Build from Source
Which one did you use? Maybe that's the only one that doesn't have it? Mine does, from the PPA.

And yes, there's a major difference between v27 and v28, so (almost?) all the plugins need to update to keep working. Since v28 officially includes websockets natively, the old plugin didn't bother, and therefore doesn't work with v28.

tytan652

Most of the unofficial build from official distribution repo does not provide Browser feature and obs-websocket.

From what I see on your screenshot, you are on Arch Linux or Manjaro.

For Manjaro, the Flatpak is highly recommended.

For Arch Linux, if you want to you can install the Flatpak which is an OBS official build or use an unofficial AUR package such as `obs-studio-browser`.

darklyn3r

Most of the unofficial build from official distribution repo does not provide Browser feature and obs-websocket.

From what I see on your screenshot, you are on Arch Linux or Manjaro.

For Manjaro, the Flatpak is highly recommended.

For Arch Linux, if you want to you can install the Flatpak which is an OBS official build or use an unofficial AUR package such as `obs-studio-browser`.
Thank you very much for the recommendation. Using Flatpak I managed to get obs-websocket working on Manjaro and ArchLinux..