obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets

obs-websocket - Remote-control OBS Studio using WebSockets 5.0.1

Marstead

Hi Palakis,

Continuing to receive boot errors with the new version of obs-websocket. Here's the error:

upload_2018-1-17_10-49-14.png

"The procedure entry point obs_frontend_set_current_preview_scene could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-websocket.dll"

This error only started occurring in the last two versions of the websocket plugin. Older versions don't generate the error, but also aren't compatible with the most recent version of DeepBot. Any thoughts to fix this?

Palakis

Developer
Hi Palakis,

Continuing to receive boot errors with the new version of obs-websocket. Here's the error:

View attachment 33396

"The procedure entry point obs_frontend_set_current_preview_scene could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-websocket.dll"

This error only started occurring in the last two versions of the websocket plugin. Older versions don't generate the error, but also aren't compatible with the most recent version of DeepBot. Any thoughts to fix this?

Releases of obs-websocket are always built for the latest available OBS Studio version. Unless proven otherwise, it's time to update to the latest version of OBS Studio.

vicegold

It's currently not implemented, but that's a good feature idea for the next version.
Awesome! The reason why i'm asking is this: https://laurids.io/rr/greenkey_rr.mp4
I need to greenkey the scene from 0:05, but not in the scene before. Everything is just a single BrowserSource scene and normally the scenes have a smoother transition, just not in the video.

Would really help if that feature is coming! Thank you for your great work.

Last edited:

Xesty

Hey all, LOVE this tool you have created. I am running into an issue where obs-websocket doesn't save my settings (server port and password) from within OBS. OBS currently runs as admin so im not sure what could be stopping the save. any ideas?

Marstead

Thanks guys, I had no idea I was that out of date on OBS. I must have accidentally hit "Skip Version" at some point, because I thought I was caught up. That fixed it!

Kcmartz

I attempted installing this fix. Didn't fix.

I closed OBS first, then ran the install, 'confirming' that I wanted to install it in the obs-studio folder, and then started up OBS. Still crashes when I switch scene collections. Can't record my vlog without it!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
According to that log, it is indeed a crash in the Advanced Scene Switcher. I recommend posting in that thread.

Ah, I see you already posted there. Carry on.

dodgepong.. soon as i open obs all my audio goes outta sync and when i stream my game audio outta sync and when add the fix the audio stops work all together.. how do i fix this issue?

XeiZ

I encoutered something odd on my end when trying to install the plugin.
When i install it over my current obs installation it fails to load the needed modules, same happens if i try it with clean plugin folders / no other plugin installed.
However if i try it on a fresh install (well zip file really) of obs in portable mode it works fine.
Not sure what could be wrong here:

Log: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/57a454533ac890f1364d6eeeabe480fb
Plugin folder to show the dlls are in fact there: https://i.imgur.com/MVtSW6N.png

"
12:34:21.257: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-websocket.dll': The specified procedure could not be found.
12:34:21.257: (127)
12:34:21.257: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-websocket.dll' not loaded
12:34:21.261: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/Qt5Network.dll' not found, loading of module failed
12:34:21.261: Required module function 'obs_module_load' in module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/Qt5WebSockets.dll' not found, loading of module failed
"

Edit: If i replace the bin folder with a fresh one it works, no idea what is going wrong there but it works now...

Last edited: