OBS web-socket java help.

mball2301

I am working on a java application so that I can interface a Raspberry Pi as a web-socket client to receive scene switch events and determine if and which camera is part of that scene. Once a camera is recognized, I use a GPIO relay to turn on the Tally light associated with that camera. Web-socket server IP and password is input through system properties and camera name and associated GPIO pin is input through an XML file. This way multiple cameras can be defined without application changes. The issue I am having is how to define the object call to sceneitemproperties to query if the camera name is a source within the scene that is raised by the event. Any help would be appreciated. Currently the project is private, but suggestions are welcome.

current code snippet attached:

Attachments

• OBSTallyLights.txt
    2 KB · Views: 34

mball2301

I have refactored the code somewhat and am trying to call a method to return true or false of the camera source being in the scene. I am stuck on the API calls to get the scene item properties. I am trying to understand if I need to use the callback structure, or if I can use a getsceneproperties API once connected to the communicator. I will keep plugging away at it, but any help would be appreciated.

mball2301

I was able to work through my issues. Controller when it sends the switch scene event the payload already contains a scene/source list. I was able to use that and complete my Java App. Once I can package it, I will post it in resources.