Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The flip horizontal checkbox has been causing crashes for several versions of this plugin.

I do offer my sincerest apologies for people having crash issues, but unfortunately they are not something that I can fix. I do not know how this plugin works from a code standpoint, I simply put together the packaging and dependencies as they were broken and causing OBS to completely fail to launch. We are working on a native implementation of the virtualcam that will be shipped with OBS itself and not require any third party plugins. For those having crash issues, please be patient with us until we finish that.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
This plugin registers a system-wide DirectShow virtual device, there is nothing special that would need to be done on the plugin side. It would be up to Snap Camera to support it.

wssaraujo

This plugin registers a system-wide DirectShow virtual device, there is nothing special that would need to be done on the plugin side. It would be up to Snap Camera to support it.

the video output in directshow has worked very well for me, I believe that implementing this within OBS will be of great help. My use of this feature is within the zoom for displaying media, because capturing hers is just horrible. I'm not a programmer and I'm just starting out, but count on my support for these resources.

wjaventer

Hi Fenrir -

I am totally new to OBS etc and have to urgently figure it all out to ensure that we can develop virtual tools to interact with clients instead of the normal physical board room. OBS seems to have the tools that will take us beyond what Zoom can offer on its own - generating exciting experiences for clients.

Installed OBS and Virtual Cam and worked fine (Windows 10 64bit). Virtual Cam also worked in Zoom, Discord, etc and I was able to use scenes in my Zoom feed. Very excited!

Suddenly Virtual Can loaded an OBS image that was a source in my scene as my Video Capture Device (Vcam) as its feed.

Eventually uninstalled everything, reinstalled, restart, etc. Now, although Virtual Cam is in my tools, it just shows a grey feed and is not activating my Logitec 920. The Logitech is not being used by any other resources. Am I supposed to in a way direct Virtual Cam to recognize the Logitech as it's source? I cannot recall doing it with the initial install when everything worked. What am I missing or doing wrong? I want to convince my staff tomorrow that OBS is the way, but cannot get the most important interface to Zoom working.

Please help!

Werner Venter

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Make sure that the output in OBS (Settings -> Video, but stop the virtualcam output first) is set to 1920x1080, and see if that corrects the issue.

doerk

Hi, i'm new to this.

The Videofeed from virtual cam doesn't show up as camera input, neither in windows camera, Skype nor zoom. I think I might have trouble registering the .dll's.

I can "start" the virtual camera in obs.

I don't know what data or info you need to troubleshoot, so please let me know.

jaw

Nice but it still only outputs 1920x1080. Doesn't matter what I have set in Settings > Video.

I'm aware of this:

But doesn't make a difference.

Using OBS 25.0.8 64 bit with Windows 10 1903.

Where do you look to know that the output is 1920x1080 rather than what you have in Settings? I think I'm having the same issue and would like to confirm. Thank you.

wjaventer

Hi, i'm new to this.

The Videofeed from virtual cam doesn't show up as camera input, neither in windows camera, Skype nor zoom. I think I might have trouble registering the .dll's.

I can "start" the virtual camera in obs.

I don't know what data or info you need to troubleshoot, so please let me know.
Hi Doerk, been battling with the same and am a Newbie like you. I believe I have found the answer so maybe this helps. (perhaps I am dead wrong and the moderators will have to correct)

Part of the confusion is in the way that you (I) viewed the virtual or OSB cam. It is in my opinion not a cam that you would (for the most of it) use as an input into OBS itself, but it becomes the output from OSB to Zoom and other platforms. I expected that my Logitech would jump into action the moment that I started my virtual cam under tools. What I got was either a grey or black screen because therewas no feed to it - what was missing was the transition of a scene to the program side of OBS which becomes the input in Zoom. So here is what worked for me:
(1) Make sure that under " tools" your OBS Cam is on either by pressing start or having autostart selected. At the same time make sure that in your other application (Zoom) OBS cam is selected as the source.
(2) Until your scene in OBS has been cut or transitioned from preview to program (left screen to right screen in Studio Mode) and you have a result on the program side, nothing will show up in Zoom. So, black screen in OBS program = black screen in Zoom. So if you have an image as source for your scene, showing on the program side, it will show in Zoom. If you want your camera input (your face) to show in Zoom, you have to create a Video Capture Device source in your preview scene and point that to your actual camera (in my case Logitec) and NOT to the OBS camera. Cut or transition that scene to program and your presumed innocent mugshot shows up in your Zoom feed. You can overlay the VCD result over images etc and all of the elements of your scene will show up in your zoom feed.
3) A third mystery which I will investigate later is how to get computer sound (other than your actual camera's sound) over to Zoom - that would be if you wanted to play videos, recordings etc that is not transmitted over your microphone. This apparently has to do with Virtual Cables (A+B) that you use in Zoom as input and output devices. No nothing about this except for what I learned from this Youtube tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MRkVAmCoj4. There are many other similar boring tutorials under the query "osb virtual cables: that will either help, confuse you or put you soundly asleep.

Hope this helps, please let me know. It is my 3rd day on OBS so still slowly figuring stuff out.

W

Hugo Henriquez

[QUOTE = "Fenrir, publicación: 461219, miembro: 6800"]
La casilla de verificación flip horizontal ha causado fallas en varias versiones de este complemento.

Ofrezco mis más sinceras disculpas a las personas que tienen problemas de bloqueo, pero desafortunadamente no son algo que pueda solucionar. No sé cómo funciona este complemento desde el punto de vista del código, simplemente reuní el paquete y las dependencias, ya que se rompieron y causaron que OBS no se iniciara por completo. Estamos trabajando en una implementación nativa de la cámara virtual que se enviará con OBS y no requerirá ningún complemento de terceros. Para aquellos que tienen problemas de bloqueo, tengan paciencia con nosotros hasta que terminemos eso.
[/CITAR]
Esperemos que sea pronto porque es urgente, especialmente durante estos días de pandemia.

Attachments

• 2020-05-28_185507.png
    2020-05-28_185507.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 91

philyves

Make sure that the output in OBS (Settings -> Video, but stop the virtualcam output first) is set to 1920x1080, and see if that corrects the issue.
Hello
I have the same issue. Quality from OBS virtual cam is not the same compare to the original flux coming from OBS even setting up the good video parameters. How to proceed ? Thanks for our help
Phil

GEEKSParanormal

this is how i do my zoom meetings with obs for window users...I am sorry I don't know how to for MAC users.

D

Deleted member 254920

@Fenrir I created a Python package (https://github.com/letmaik/pyvirtualcam) that can send frames directly to the virtual cam. I'm having a slight problem when trying to register the 64-bit DLL (32-bit works) without the installer though (using the zip package). This worked fine in the original zip package from CatxFish. In an admin command prompt, I'm simply running "regsvr32.exe /n /i:1 bin\64bit\obs-virtualsource.dll" and the error is something like "error when loading the module". I'd be fine with using the installer (which does work and would be simpler for users) but I'd like to avoid the dependency on OBS Studio for my Python package, and the installer currently fails when OBS Studio is not installed (complains about some missing folders). I think for simplicity, would it be OK to change the installer to also work "stand-alone"?

chanlists

Hi, thanks for providing this plugin. I have so far used it with zoom, skype, teams, jitsi, ... and it works flawlessly. I am now trying to record a presentation in powerpoint 2019 and have my greenscreened obs virtual cam output mounted in the recorded powerpoint presentation. For whatever reason, the OBS virtual cam is not showing up as one of the cameras that I can show in powerpoint in the recording mode. Only the two physical devices I have show up (the integrated webcam of the laptop and the webcam intetrated into the external monitor). Only those appear in "Device Manager" under "Cameras".

Before you ask: Why won't you let OBS do the recording? - This is for recording a lecture with lots of equations. Sometimes I get a sign wrong or spot some other mistake on the slides only after everything has been recorded. Or the equation numbering is wrong. Then using this approach I can still use my recorded video and audio (which is fine) to just re-render the video. If I do the recording by superimposing the webcam on the powerpoint output capture in OBS, then I would have to re-record the entire slide again and edit the whole thing in OpenShot...

Thanks for any advice!

Thunderous71

Can we get this to work with the Snapchat desktop application, Snap Camera, please?

OBS already works with Snapchat this is a plugin to make the output go to a software application that needs a camera feed. So embed the snapcamera into OBS then say in teams point the camera input at OBS Virtual Cam.