Question / Help OBS as the input and then stream out using ZOOM

GlenB

Hi OBS Gurus, I have been using OBS for about 1 month and totally blown away by how powerful it is. I take input from a mic, web camera, application and some MP3 and MP4 files and then stream it out via YouTube. This all works well. But, I want to move to ZOOM as the platform to send the stream out via. Done plenty of reading and I see the virtual audio cable, virtual camera etc but I cannot work out how do I get the stream going from OBS to ZOOM. My first question is this possible to use just OBS and ZOOM to get a stream out to viewers? If it is, then how do I configure it in ZOOM as when I look at the list of stream services in OBM Settings I do not see ZOOM. If it is possible then I am missing something obvious and if anyone is able to help then that would be very much appreciated. Thank you, Glen

WBE

How to get the stream out from OBS to Zoom: that's what the virtual camera does. In OBS Studio you'll have scenes with webcam, images, window captures, movies etc. Just as your total composition of these is streamed to YouTube, now it will be made available as a virtual cam. Within Zoom you can set webcam and microphone but instead of your real webcam, pick the virtual cam.

I only have experience with virtual camera, without the need to incorporate any sound (having my headset directly connected to Zoom). But I imagine that virtual audio cable works in the same way.

CoryS1972

Following... Getting the video out to zoom is simple and straightforward, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the sound from OBS out to Zoom. I am in the same boat as you, Glen - I see posts about virtual audio cables and all sorts of other software, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work :(

GlenB

Thank you WBE and Cory, Greatly appreciate your responses. You have given me something to work on which I will get to today. My first aim will be to get the video flowing and then will let you know if I succeed with the audio. Does this mean that within OBS you do not need to click on "Start Streaming" as the video signal will just be sent autiomatically? The reason I ask this is that if you have to click on "Start Streaming" then what do you set the streaming service to? Thanks again, Glen

CoryS1972

GlenB: I confirm that I do not have to click "Start Streaming" to get the video to show up in Zoom - but you need to install and run the obs virtualcam plugin.

GEEKSParanormal

I know people have it working, but no one who has it working has any reason to read this forum and help, unfortunately.
I had to fiddle around with it a bit in zoom but if you follow what he does for discord it's almost the same. The Speakers are cable out and the mic is voicemeeter aux output :P