Resource icon

OBS Virtualcam 2.0.5

Fenrir

Forum Admin
hello, how can i solve virtual camera not showing in obs version 27.2.1 32bit, i have tried various ways but nothing happens.
I need it to change the obs-camera name in the regedit file, maybe some of you can help with my problem?
Thank you.

Changing the name of the camera is not supported, as there is no legitimate reason to need to do that, and it has no impact on any actual functionality. Some people seem to think if you change the name of the camera, that it will work with applications that block virtual cameras, which is not the case. The name is irrelevant.

dexidle

I am using OBS as portable and run multi instance OBS, for each OBS instance i can select the target to which virtual cam (got 4 virtual cam target to select) to tap the Preview Output. I have to manually select the virtual cam target then press Start and it works as intended (3 virtual cams concurrently active by running 3 OBS instances).

I noticed the plugin have autostart feature, is there any workaround for the autostart feature to start on selected virtual cam target? What i want to do is, my first OBS instance Preview output target to virtual cam 1, second OBS instance target to virtual cam 2, and third OBS instance target to virtual cam 3.

wobii

Hello !

I am searching a way (if possible) to start the "OBS Virtualcam filter" automatically when my OBS is launching.

I tried to add the "--startvirtualcam" in my OBS shortcut target properties.

It worked at 50%, it actually started the Virtual Camera when my OBS launched but it isn't what i'm looking for.

I'm searching a way to do the same thing but instead of starting the Virtual Camera, I need it to start the Virtual Camera FILTER from this plugin.

Let me know if there is a possible way to do that, thanks :)

WATCH PICTURE DOWN THERE TO UNDERSTAND (sorry for french obs lol).

Inkedunknown_LI.jpg

ozbank

The start/autostart options from the Tools menu control the Program view output, not filters, so this is working as designed. There is no autostart options for filters, and it is unlikely that this will be fixed as this plugin has been effectively deprecated in favor of the native Virtual Camera support in the latest OBS Studio version. Your use case (a filter on a specific scene/source) is why this plugin is still around, but unfortunately I will not be spending any development time on it. If someone wants to submit a PR, I'd be happy to test/review and release a new version, however.
There seems to be a version which does autostart for filters here: https://github.com/kaymyst/obs-virtual-cam

What would be the best way to proceed - merge these changes back into the Fenrir build as you wrote above? Or point people to this one (it isn't listed in the resources section)?

This plugin remains extremely useful for splitting individual video sources within a scene.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I will not be releasing any further versions of this plugin. Linking to other forks which have very specific feature updates for people to find here is perfectly fine.

MusicaFM

No lanzaré más versiones de este complemento. La vinculación a otras bifurcaciones que tienen actualizaciones de características muy específicas para que las personas las encuentren aquí está perfectamente bien.
Que pena

BearClaymore

Sad to read that no more dev is going to be happening for this plugin. While the native Virtual Camera in OBS helps, it is definitely not compared to what this plugin offers. I'll definitely keep using this for the filter option. If anyone is willing to work on a PR like Fenrir suggests above, I would love to have a "kill switch" or warning message to make sure I Stop VirtualCam filters before I close OBS. It keeps crashing if I leave any of them on.

computerpcclub

not work camera virtual obs 2.05 with obs 28.0.1 help my please log in attach files

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 2022-09-07 17-58-10.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 28

mtg101

This plugin will not be updated for OBS 28. Please use the built-in virtual camera instead.

I wish I could! I have to use GoToMeeting for work, and it simply doesn't recognise the built-in OBS Virtual Camera. This plugin was my workaround.
Granted this is GTM's problem, but it's not the only software that has this issue. I've seen others on Reddit having similar problems with other software that is fixed by using this plugin.

Edit: I've found that "DroidCam Virtual Output" works with GoToMeeting. Maybe this will work for others with a similar issue:

Last edited:

QGazQ

I will not be releasing any further versions of this plugin. Linking to other forks which have very specific feature updates for people to find here is perfectly fine.

This plugin will not be updated for OBS 28. Please use the built-in virtual camera instead.
My use case is maybe slightly odd. I play DnD and guest on an internet radio show, for both of these we have an app that takes two camera feeds, one for the face, and the other for "something" (which for DnD is my dice tray). I currently run these through OBS and use the filter plugin to get one output, and the other uses the built-in Virtual Cam.
There is also an extended use case where we have a guest(s) from Discord, I screencap two images and using 2 more of the virtual cams send them to the app we have. I also capture my output from that and using another send it back to discord. The upshot is I'm using all 4 cams this plugin provides and the built-in one! Sometimes I can be streaming as well so use my main output.
Exeldro's plugin which allows the built-in virtual cam to be a filter would solve the problem of the in-built cam being different to the main stream.

My problem is I need more than one built-in output. I accept that it's not worth Fenrir's time to support edge cases! So I have various options and looking for suggestions/recommendations.

1) Stick with OBS 27. This will be my short-term solution, but not be good in the longer term.
2) Find a fork of this plugin that is updated to OBS 28 (or do it myself). I haven't found one yet, and I'd imagine if there was one someone would have already posted it here, but worth asking on the off chance. Realistically though I'm a software engineer I'm not going to have the time (or skills) to update it myself.
3) Change the way I do things. I could use some other virtual cam program to handle the face cam as I tend not to do that advanced things with it. I'd rather not though.
4) Have an old OBS 27 (in portable mode) which acts as a relay. Do the main work in OBS 28, and have it send scenes via NDI, then the OBS 27 just has scenes that pick up the NDI source and have a filter to send on the virtual cams. I haven't yet played with NDI in OBS 28 I've heard others have had issues, but in time this may work but is a bit of a workaround.
5) Any other suggestions?

Regards
QGazQ

Last edited:

QGazQ

Option 6): Try and convince Exeldro that the virtual-cam-filter plugin should provide additional outputs not just use the built-in one. I suspect this would be a significant amount of extra work in the plugin as it would have to add all the code to produce extra virtual cams from this plugin. So it's a low probability but who knows, I'll try and make the suggestion.

QGazQ

Having done a little more research, NDI has an "NDI Webcam" app, which converts an NDI stream to a virtual cam. So if I went for option 4 I wouldn't need an old OBS 27 and this plugin to do the translation. But the NDI plugin isn't quite ready for OBS 28 yet, so I need to wait for that before it works.

P.S. This reply will make more sense when the original message is approved by the moderator!

APZ

I wish I could! I have to use GoToMeeting for work, and it simply doesn't recognise the built-in OBS Virtual Camera. This plugin was my workaround.
Granted this is GTM's problem, but it's not the only software that has this issue. I've seen others on Reddit having similar problems with other software that is fixed by using this plugin.

Edit: I've found that "DroidCam Virtual Output" works with GoToMeeting. Maybe this will work for others with a similar issue:
Thank you mtg101 - the DroidCam works as it should w/OBS 28.0.2! Meanwhile the built in virtual cam went bonkers - when viewed in Skype or Zoom it produces a horrible strong yellow-green tinge, like some alien slime from a Ghostbusters movie! Maybe it has something to do with the Nvida Broadcast engine, whhich was updated to v. 1.3.5 on the same date as the OBS 28.0.2. update.

vrabac5

DroidCam works for now with GoTo Meeting. Been looking for solution quite long. Thank you very much.