OBS virtualcam 2.0.5 not working in OBS 30.1.2

SoundyAddicted

Im currently trying to download the OBS virtual cam plugin for OBS 30.1.2 but it doesnt work and keeps on saying it couldnt load out the plugin. The reason why im downloading it because im tryna use OBS for discord and tutorials say that I have to download the plugin in order to use OBS virtual cam for discord. Even when I didnt use the plugin and used the virtual cam OBS already had, the option to use OBS virtualcam did not appear in discords video camera options. PLS HELP!!! Im literally desperate to fix this problem and cant really seem to find any solutions

koala

The downloadable virtual camera plugin doesn't work with current OBS versions and will never work. Uninstall it. It's useless. I don't know what tutorials you refer to, but if I go into the voice and video chat settings of Discord, I'm able to choose the OBS virtual camera and it will work fine. It just works for me.
Make sure you downloaded and installed OBS with the *.exe installer and not from zip and not as portable. Only the exe installer will register the required virtual camera dll's in Windows.

SoundyAddicted

The downloadable virtual camera plugin doesn't work with current OBS versions and will never work. Uninstall it. It's useless. I don't know what tutorials you refer to, but if I go into the voice and video chat settings of Discord, I'm able to choose the OBS virtual camera and it will work fine. It just works for me.
Make sure you downloaded and installed OBS with the *.exe installer and not from zip and not as portable. Only the exe installer will register the required virtual camera dll's in Windows.
THANK YOU!!! I dont know why but only did the option for OBS virtual cam appear in discord when I restarted my PC, but this is some real useful info! :D