OBS virtual camera in Zoom puts heavy green tint on video!

jimdriver2

Hoping someone here might be able to give me some pointers.

I use the VirtualCam plugin for OBS when using Zoom so I can add various graphics in front of the video feed.

It's worked fine for months now however in the last week a major problem has appeared. Something is sometimes applying a bright green tint to my video feed when I use it in Zoom. I say sometimes because the tint will randomly turn on and off when I interact with other programs Windows is running when on a call.

The only things that have changed with my system are a Windows update that turned up last week and I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU. No updates to the Zoom client.

I know this isn't strictly OBS related but it felt in roughly the same ballpark and I'm hoping the experts on this forum may at least be able to point in the right direction to fix it.

Thanks.

jimdriver2

May have. In Zoom I've turned off hardware acceleration, trying out the theory that it's something to do with my GPU driver and maybe if I'm not using hardware acceleration that will fix it... I had one meeting last night and the problem didn't reappear but I'm not certain it's fixed, recreating it is not easy.

jimdriver2

Disabling hardware acceleration worked for me
Thanks, good to know that worked for someone else.

Was your hardware setup the same as mine, e.g. an nvidia card and the latest drivers?

They pushed out new drivers yesterday which I've updated to but I've not tested them with HA back on.

Gladier

Was your hardware setup the same as mine, e.g. an nvidia card and the latest drivers?

They pushed out new drivers yesterday which I've updated to but I've not tested them with HA back on.
Nvidia card, latest drivers, green tilt in zoom from OBS virtual cam. Disabled acceleration, will see what will happpened. Got a meeting in 3 hours, hopes it goes good.

jimdriver2

I had a long Zoom meeting yesterday using OBS and at one point sharing a Powerpoint. HA was off and I didn't have any problems at any point, so hopefully that works until the drivers are fixed.

Jmaeste23

Came across this problem as well! NVIDIA drivers are updated and zoom has been reinstalled with the acceleration disable and still getting the green tint. Any other solutions any one has come across?

scottys94

I also started seeing the heavy green tint on Zoom a couple of weeks ago. But I wasn't even using the OBS virtual cam. I did, however have OBS streaming and recording. The green tint appeared once I started screen sharing in Zoom. Sometimes the tint would appear right away, other times I would have to wait 30 seconds or more. Even then it would appear randomly. This issue did not occur until my Nvidia drivers were updated to version 460.89. I downgraded to version 452.06 and haven't seen the tint since then. However, since I'm having Zoom meetings several times each week, I decided to switch to a different host PC that's using an Intel graphics card - just to be on the safe side. Zoom works flawlessly on that. So hopefully either Nvidia or Zoom find a solution and roll out a patch. I submitted a ticket with Zoom support, and their engineers are looking into it. But for anyone experiencing this issue with Nvidia driver version 460.89, downgrading to version 452.06 should make the tint issue go away.

jimdriver2

Came across this problem as well! NVIDIA drivers are updated and zoom has been reinstalled with the acceleration disable and still getting the green tint. Any other solutions any one has come across?
That's odd, I overcame it by uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom and then turning off all hardware acceleration in Zoom. Been screen sharing videos (where I got the green tint worst of all) and didn't have the problem at all...

scottys94

That's odd, I overcame it by uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom and then turning off all hardware acceleration in Zoom. Been screen sharing videos (where I got the green tint worst of all) and didn't have the problem at all...
Which Nvidia driver are you running?

hw0

You need to revert the driver back to version 457.30. That's how I have managed to fix the problem without changing a single setting in OBS or Zoom.

ReneDeToulouse

Unchecking "Sending video" in Zoom's Settings - Video - Advanced did work for me. I was having an episode of green tint, went there and the tint disappeared instantaneously when I unchecked this option. I'm on NVIDIA 461.09.

Gil-ad

Hi,

I had the same issue.

I checked to update my desktop version and I discover that the newest version claim to fix the issue.

January 11, 2021 version 5.4.9 (59931.0110)
Resolved Issues
Resolved an issue with green tint on users videos seen by other participants

I will check it soon!

Gil-ad

Hi All,

I updated my OBS to the latest version: 26.1.1 (64 bit) and I can confirm that (also according the this version release note) this issiu was resolved

Andore

Oh Hi! I'm sorry for the really long late reply as I don't visit this site regularly. At that time, I used the settings recommended by OBS for virtual cam, had the latest Nvidia driver at that time (as I always update whenever I got notified) turned off hardware acceleration (all three unchecked).