OBS Virtual Cam to Discord

fedegratti

Edit:

Discord canary requires a signature, but It doesn't matter if it is valid. Doing this solved my issue.

Firstly, revert back to the default discord canary, download it from discord and do not modify it.
Secondly, open it, sign in and use it. Once you're logged in and everything then quit it and open terminal and run:

Bash:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app

sudo codesign -s - /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app
This solution worked for me!
Thank you!!

beach24xox

Okay so I used the codes in the Discord Terminal. It works but then it won't let me open discord at all. I've tried everything imaginable and I'm starting to think that maybe the updated version won't work with this code anymore. It always worked in the past but now it is not. Any solutions?

beach24xox

Edit:

Discord canary requires a signature, but It doesn't matter if it is valid. Doing this solved my issue.

Firstly, revert back to the default discord canary, download it from discord and do not modify it.
Secondly, open it, sign in and use it. Once you're logged in and everything then quit it and open terminal and run:

Bash:
sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app

sudo codesign -s - /Applications/Discord\ Canary.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Canary\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app
It says there is no such file. What am I doing wrong?

chrisallen8888

It says there is no such file. What am I doing wrong?
same here as of August. something definitely changed. any solutions? this was crucial to my business :|

it also seems while OBS is running, Discord doesn't pick up any of my cameras (which are being used by OBS). this worked before as well.

hmm. reinstalled Discord main app, everything is up to date. no ideas.

Last edited:

Mark Weiss

I started Virtual Camera in OBS, but discord only shows "Default Camera" as the only option on its dropdown menu. How do I access the OBS virtual camera in Discord?

JohnyRingo

Edit:

Bash:

this was a huge help man! I had to modify the terminal code to remove the "canary" to make it apply the settings for the standard Universal Discord app. I'm on M1 btw. Thank you very much!!

zacheix

2023 fix here. Type in that terminal command he posted, but if you restart discord and then it proceeds to not open at all, type this into terminal:
sudo codesign -s - /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(GPU\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Plugin\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper.app

JohnyRingo

2023 fix here. Type in that terminal command he posted, but if you restart discord and then it proceeds to not open at all, type this into terminal:
sudo codesign -s - /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(GPU\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Plugin\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper\ \(Renderer\).app /Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Discord\ Helper.app
I guess after Discord updated, OBS Virtual Camera is not showing up as an option any longer...now I can't remember how I modified the original terminal command because im not using the Canary thing. Any advice good sir?