Question / Help OBS Video Freezes after 15s But Audio Continues

beninuk

Hi Guys

Ive been doing a fair bit of streaming for a long time now, but we dont usually use OBS, its been about a year since i last used it but for some reason i appear to be having some issues with trying to stream the output.

The machine is a Amazon EC3 RDP 32 Virtual CPU, (25gbit bandwidth) (128gb ram) I have installed the latest OBS.

I can setup the stream and set the RTMP Push to my private server (10gbit), The cpu sits at 20% usage and the framerate is 25, and everything is green in OBS for the output stream.

When i try to play the output stream in VLC, the issue i have is the video plays for around 16 seconds, then it will just freeze the audio continues and then after a short while the video feed comes back.
Ive tested 720, 1080, multiple different bitrates but the issue always still seems to happen.

The machine and bandwidth should be powerful enough but for some reason it just keeps freezing.

Also my output server 10gbit (where i am watching the feed from) i have tried 3 different ones we own (Amsterdam, Paris, And Madrid) and all 3 have the same issue, my speed from my location to these servers is 600mbit/600mbit with a latency of 30ms and jitter of 1 or 2ms, and i have other videos coming out from these servers ranging from 3000k to 28000k and they do not suffer this problem.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

koala

Very difficult to say anything about this, because your hardware setup is rare and uncommon. Using remote sessions on machines with virtualized hardware is not what was OBS designed for in the first place. Windows replace (virtual) audio and video devices, for example, for on rdp sessions. Interactive client apps such as OBS, as well as VLC, are not necessarily designed for devices changing under the hood mid-session or mid-operation.
I don't say this is the cause of your issue, but it adds a layer of complexity where to search, and due to this you might not find much experience here.