OBS Using 60% to 75% Suddenly...

NOOBVIPER

It Was Working All Well And From Past 1-2 Weeks It Started Using 50-70% CPU Usage All Of A Sudden Please Help I'm Unable To Recd..
Thanks!!

deFrisselle

Please Post a log so we can see what is going on

deFrisselle

Update OBS and run it as admin
Your encoder is overloaded What else are you running

NOOBVIPER

Im Running Nothing And Even If I m Not Running Anything the Encoder is frkin Overloading and i m also running as admin

Sukiyucky

20:26:55.107: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2615/9704 (26.9%)

Your expecting way too much from low performance computer specs. A mobile Intel 2 core i5 CPU and GTX 525 graphics adapter are weak. You need much better hardware.

deFrisselle

If he's just broadcasting his webcam and not a game, the laptop should be able to maybe do 720p30 My old i5-3520 has no problem streaming 720p30 with screen capture and webcam

NOOBVIPER

20:26:55.107: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2615/9704 (26.9%)

Your expecting way too much from low performance computer specs. A mobile Intel 2 core i5 CPU and GTX 525 graphics adapter are weak. You need much better hardware.
But It Was All Well Before Its Just Been A Week Since This Problem Started

qhobbes

Only the newest version of OBS is supported. Download it at https://obsproject.com/download

20:16:13.414: Running as administrator: false
20:16:15.862: D3D11 GPU priority setup failed (not admin?)
You may be logged into Windows with an Admin account but that doesn't mean OBS is running as Administrator.
To run updated OBS as Admin, right-click on the short-cut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.

Do you have the Quick Sync Video (QSV) encoder option?

NOOBVIPER

Only the newest version of OBS is supported. Download it at https://obsproject.com/download

20:16:13.414: Running as administrator: false
20:16:15.862: D3D11 GPU priority setup failed (not admin?)
You may be logged into Windows with an Admin account but that doesn't mean OBS is running as Administrator.
To run updated OBS as Admin, right-click on the short-cut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.

Do you have the Quick Sync Video (QSV) encoder option?
nope