OBS UI Glitch - Unusable

abontav

Hi everyone! i'm having some trouble with OBS Studio on my machine, i had been using OBS for some time, but after some update on december the app became unusuable, the ui is totally broken, missing buttons, text, etc. My machine is running Debian Bullseye, Lastest Nvidia Drivers(1080ti). Anyone with the same problem? Thanks!!! :D

Attachments

• 2021-01-22 22-41-56.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen.png
    Screen.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 441

tomtux

Hello, I'm having the same problem with OBS-Studio. Couldn't find a solution.
In the meantime I installed OBS-Studio from Snap and this is working as expected.

I use Linux Manjaro - XFCE
GPU 1: Intel 4th Gen
GPU 2: Nvidia GTX 850M
Nvidia-Driver: 460.32.03
OBS-Studio: 26.1.0-2

cptgrok

Same here, but mine looks worse. I just did a system update on Arch and several things were not working including my ethernet driver. yay. I didn't catch if OBS was updated today or not. It's probably been 2-3 months since I've updated.

Logs:

gnome-desktop 1:3.38.3-1
nvidia 460.32.03-6
xorg-server 1.20.10-3
kernel 5.10.10.arch1-1

obs-screenshot.jpg

abontav

Hi
Hello, I'm having the same problem with OBS-Studio. Couldn't find a solution.
In the meantime I installed OBS-Studio from Snap and this is working as expected.

I use Linux Manjaro - XFCE
GPU 1: Intel 4th Gen
GPU 2: Nvidia GTX 850M
Nvidia-Driver: 460.32.03
OBS-Studio: 26.1.0-2
i tried to install the snap version but not start, cant initialized the GPU, i tried running with:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 obs-studio but not worked.

tomtux

Hi

i tried to install the snap version but not start, cant initialized the GPU, i tried running with:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 obs-studio but not worked.
Hi abontav,
don't know why you can't start it.

Here is what I did:
  • installed snap
  • enabled snap.service
  • rebooted
  • installed OBS-Studio via Snap
Afterwards I got a Menuentry where I can click and OBS-Studio starts without problem.
It starts with the following entry:
env BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/obs-studio_obs-studio.desktop /var/lib/snapd/snap/bin/obs-studio

Tuna

If I recall correctly from Discord this may be related to using a fractional DPI scaling option - or any DPI scaling option at all.

tomtux

Just found something that works with the official version from the repos.
I start OBS-Studio with the following:
QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.07 obs

cptgrok

Weird, so in gnome tweaks I had the text scaling factor set to like .85 and OBS used to work fine with it, but now it won't display correctly unless the scaling factor is set to 1 which makes all fonts on screen HUGE. I don't like this but I guess I'll have to live with it.