Question / Help OBS thinks Razer Ripsaw HD is a camera!?

Comkri

I have tried everything from downgrading my drivers to fully uninstall all the drivers of the ripsaw HD. The problem is that OBS and XSplit thinks that the game capture is a webcamera of some sort. So i don´t see any audio options. And if i choose ripsaw from the audio section nothing happens. As you can see in the picture below i will only come to the camera section when clicking on configure video. Don´t know what to do. This may be driver related but i don´t know.

Attachments

• camera control.png
    camera control.png
    676.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Windows device managment.png
    Windows device managment.png
    529.1 KB · Views: 138

Comkri

I can also post the XSplit wallpaper. So you can see that also that program thinks the ripsaw is a web camera.

Attachments

• xsplit.png
    xsplit.png
    543.9 KB · Views: 57

koala

That's correct and perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about. Capture cards provide their captured data through the same API as webcams. An application will not differ a webcam from a capture card - it's the same to them.

Comkri

Okay that´s good to know but there is no sound coming from the device what so ever. Have tried the mic thing someone said in another forum post without any succes. The picture of the capture is there but with no sound. Razer also knows about this problem but they have not done anything about it. The option that comes up in OBS is not the option that you will usually see when connecting a capture card. I think this has something to do with the drivers. For a so new and expensive device it is bad that razer has not put up a solution or a new driver to this product that does not work 100%. I regret not getting a new elgato at this point. They know what they are doing.

Comkri

Have found the solution to the problem but now my sound is messed up. Have tried with the voicemeeter and also plugged in diffrent hdmi cables. Have also tried with asio drivers and everything. I can hear like a static sound and also some crackling sounds. Only solution for the problem was when I switched capture cards from this to elgato gamecapture HD. An old product but still works flawlessly, with the same configuration as in the ripsaw HD, exact same hdmi cables and exactly same computers. Not a single problem with audio or anything else. Do not buy the ripsaw HD. Not worth the money in my book when the competition has a way better product.