Question / Help OBS + syphonclient + camtwist = little cropped picture from a corner?

zageek

Hi all,

I'm a newbie that just started toying around with OBS (thank the virus for less overkill overtime recently) and think that either I'm doing something wrong or found an improper combination of software versions.
OBS is 24.0.6
Mac OSX is High Sierra (10.13.6) / Retina display
Syphoninject from here (http://krylon.rsdio.com/zakk/syphoninject/ the Current link)
Camtwist - 3.4.3

What I did so far:
- green screen
- OBS -> Mac Camera -> Crop/Pad filter + Chroma Key + added a background image => all looks in OBS very good and nice
- added the Syphoninject -->
(+ Sources --> SyphonClient --> click on Launch Syphoninject --> in the newly open window choose OBS, click on Inject; back to OBS SyphonClient window clicked on Inject, Chose Application OBS, clicked on OK; then reopened the Syphon Client source -> added Source: [OBS] Injected Syphon)

Result and problem:
The Syphon Source window / preview that opens is very small and contains just a little corner of my original video/image (I see myself zoomed in a lot and just a little part of my head..it is true that my head does move :) but it's as if someone used some binoculars)
The Camtwist part is not to blame as the problem happens before...

Question...is there anything I can do to fix this?
have been clicking around options everywhere I could find without any logic or sense of mind but can't seem to figure out why the Syphonclient part does this little window + mega zoomed in effect.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks!

zageek

This is how it all displays where:
OBS output is the nice one on the right and as expected.
Syphon client preview from OBS the one on the upper left corner --> my face is already zoomed in, the window is very small and on top it only catches a corner of the big image

CamTwist of course shows the same as I think it is Syphoninject that messes stuff up.
I just have no clue where to play more to fix this :( I feel it should be something easy that escapes my sight for now.

problem.jpg

yourhd

Hey, thank you for posting this. I have the exact same problem, same software versions, also on a retina screen. It is driving me insane. Since your posting, did you find answers? I would be very happy to hear from you. Thanks!

steezlebeads

I also have this problem. I found that deleting the scene and restarting your computer can fix it. But after redoing it and closing the program again, the problem resurfaces. If anyone figures this out, I'd love to know why it's happening and how to prevent it.

Narcogen

Syphon and CamTwist at this point are both borderline abandonware. You should absolutely not expect them to function past 10.13 (Syphon is broken in 10.14 and above) but I would also not expect either to continue to function properly with versions of OBS that are new.

JeffAU

Identical setup and issue here. Has anyone managed to solve this yet? I've tried just about everything and the CamTwist preview is cropped.

As these apps are so old, can anyone recommend another Virtual Webcam solution for Mac to allow OBS output to plug into Zoom as a Virtual Cam? Thanks

fnurl

I'm on macOS 10.13 and use OBS + Syphon + Camtwist as a Virtual Camera.

I set all stream sizes to 1280x720, i.e. in Camtwist settings, as Canvas Size in OBS and then for my video capture sources. Also, I have noticed that you have to turn off the embedded preview in OBS and instead use the preview window, otherwise CamTwist can capture the wrong aspect ratio. Also, you need to hide the Syphon Client, i.e. click on the eye and make sure it is crossed out.

Finally, to move around the video stream from your source, right click on it and choose "Transform" -> "Edit transform". Here you position and place the video source on the canvas.