Question / Help OBS support ARM (Raspberry Pi/Banana Pi)

Danubio

Hi there I talk about this in the IRC chat, need a new support for ARM, need broadcast only audio do not need video, in the irc chat I see good news that is possible only with audio support

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Jim didn't say it was possible, he said it may be possible eventually. It is not currently possible and is not a very high priority.

If it's just audio this can easily be done with an FFMPEG command. The only reason OBS is so useful is the ability to manipulate multiple video sources in a scene and be able rescale them and put them where ever you want and of course having scene switching. If you only need to stream audio to an rtmp server than simple use a ffmpeg command and you'll be set.

Danubio

I have lubuntu 14.04, how to known the version of ffmpeg?, please give the commands for terminal

Danubio

gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

you can find out what version of ffmpeg you have in your lubuntu install by issuing this a terminal
Code:
ffmpeg --version
paste back what it says so we can see if you have to compile ffmpeg or not

DarrenRainey

I'm going to start working on something like this later this month but I think ill use ffmpeg and start from scratch rather than porting obs as all im using it for is capturing using a webcam or a capture card on my raspberry pi and live streaming it.

I know that arm isnt the best performance wise but it should be able to do something like 720p 30fps as ffmpeg has really good optimizations