OBS Suddenly Started Slowing Down my Laptop, Please Help.

Wraith

I have been successfully using both OBS and Streamlabs OBS to livestream my DJ sets for more than 6 months with 2 separate cameras and an audio interface from my DJ controller and separate DJ laptop connecting to my laptop running OBS. Recently, simply the act of launching OBS causes my entire laptop to grind to a virtual halt. I have cleared the cache and started building a brand new scene that only has my sound input and my USB webcam. Just opening OBS slows everything down, nevermind streaming, whereas before I had my webcam and my DSLR connected via an HDMI capture card with various effects in my scenes all running fine. I have also run OBS as an admin. I have attached a link to a log file. The analysis of the log file says my Rode Ai-1 audio interface has a different sample rate than my OBS settings but that doesn't appear to be correct given what Windows device manager is showing me. See the attached screen shot.

Of note, the same problem occurs when I launch Streamlabs OBS. My mouse doesn't even move properly when either OBS or SLOBS are running and clicking on any button takes forever for the widow to open.

I can no longer stream because I can't even get sound and my basic low quality webcam to have anything but choppy performance. As soon as I close OBS my computer runs fine again. I have restarted many times and checked for updated drivers on all the relevant hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 48.0 GB (47.8 GB usable)
Windows 10
NVIDIA GEFORCE MX 330 dedicated 2GB video card
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/-eRdLoYyXbtxOSKw

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    460.8 KB · Views: 6

Wraith

Hi There, thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know how to check for which plugins are installed and how to updated them. I went into the tab StreamFX and Check for Updates and confirmed I have the latest version running.

Wraith

Actually StreamFX was not up to date. I have now updated it and the problem is still there. As soon as I launch OBS, everything grinds to a halt. Can you please help me figure out any other updates or changes I can make.