OBS Stutter on Capture Card/PC Streaming

fatmatrow

Ive had same problem for over a year now tried everything under the sun news system the lot , question is do the developers even recognise this problem as it never seems to be addressed just a thought
They're aware that some are having this issue but if theres no clear common thread, and without having a machine in front of them thats exhibiting the issue, they can't really figure out whats causing the problem

Tastymond

Something new must have happened recently because I only ever had it on PC game streaming not capture card methods.

Deullcore

I have the random stutters in all obs based softwares steamlabs , twitch studio , player.me , OBS , xsplit , I dont howerver have any trouble whatsoever in Mirillis action

Deullcore

Mirillis action works perfect not as good as obs i think but perfect just the same , so that would rule out hardware troubles between windows 10 all versions & OBs there is something no adding up

fatmatrow

Mirillis action works perfect not as good as obs i think but perfect just the same , so that would rule out hardware troubles between windows 10 all versions & OBs there is something no adding up
I tried mirillis and it was the only program that didn't have this issue as well, but it's not a viable solution for me unfortunately, as it's not flexible enough for me to have even my bare minimum streaming setup

lemarsh

i use OBS for filming & streaming football matches, and have experienced the same stutter, which makes watching it very uncomfortable. We are using different laptops/cameras at different teams, but each team has the same set up per match as it previously had. And this is being repeated across all clubs suddenly. The way we have managed to gfet around it is by reducing the input from 1080p to 720p. Its not ideal and reduces the quality of the image, but the stutter has gone away. Talking to other people who also stream football matches, we think it started around the November update of OBS (being not many matches since then due to lockdowns - only just seeing the issue arise widely)

HTQ

I tried mirillis and it was the only program that didn't have this issue as well, but it's not a viable solution for me unfortunately, as it's not flexible enough for me to have even my bare minimum streaming setup
Hi fatmatrow, I'm Paul from Mirillis. We are working 24/7 on Action 5 Scene Maker that will be our advanced streaming solution both for SDR and HDR. The difference between Mirillis Action! and other OBS based products is that all competition took Jim's code and try to build businesses around it. Since 2012 we are developing our own capturing core. Basically there are only 2 solutions with different cores at their heart: OBS and Action! We are going to release beta version of Action! 5 soon so if anyone is interested in playing with it please let us know (you can use the form on our website to enter the beta program).

fatmatrow

Hi fatmatrow, I'm Paul from Mirillis. We are working 24/7 on Action 5 Scene Maker that will be our advanced streaming solution both for SDR and HDR. The difference between Mirillis Action! and other OBS based products is that all competition took Jim's code and try to build businesses around it. Since 2012 we are developing our own capturing core. Basically there are only 2 solutions with different cores at their heart: OBS and Action! We are going to release beta version of Action! 5 soon so if anyone is interested in playing with it please let us know (you can use the form on our website to enter the beta program).
Will this have function parity with OBS? I need to be able to add multiple audio sources and the like, and a visual meter volume mixer is extremely important because of this

fatmatrow

Also can you link me to the beta request page

Tastymond

Any update on here dudes? so bloody annoying this is still happening. I thought it could maybe have been a bandwidth issue with the capture cards but no, do you think this is a windows thing? I actually started noticing my capture cards have the same stutter in the elgato software now and not just OBS which I swear was not happening before so it makes me think it's maybe not OBS.

fatmatrow

Any update on here dudes? so bloody annoying this is still happening. I thought it could maybe have been a bandwidth issue with the capture cards but no, do you think this is a windows thing? I actually started noticing my capture cards have the same stutter in the elgato software now and not just OBS which I swear was not happening before so it makes me think it's maybe not OBS.
The devs have been made aware of the issue and will probably begin working on it in earnest once obs 27 comes out, as its very close to the timeline for it, so they're probably in crunch mode at the moment. Theres an issue ticket for it and everything, but we just have to be patient. So far there is still no known cause of it, myself and others have run just about every diagnostic test you can think of with nothing standing out. I'm also in communication with NVIDIA (as it seems to affect people with these cards more than amd from the forum crawling I've done) about the issue, but they're also swamped so its a week or two between replies

Tastymond

The devs have been made aware of the issue and will probably begin working on it in earnest once obs 27 comes out, as its very close to the timeline for it, so they're probably in crunch mode at the moment. Theres an issue ticket for it and everything, but we just have to be patient. So far there is still no known cause of it, myself and others have run just about every diagnostic test you can think of with nothing standing out. I'm also in communication with NVIDIA (as it seems to affect people with these cards more than amd from the forum crawling I've done) about the issue, but they're also swamped so its a week or two between replies
Okay man cheers for replying, you just want to capture nice footage but to no avail. I was considering trying another capture card as well but maybe I will hold off.

fatmatrow

Okay man cheers for replying, you just want to capture nice footage but to no avail. I was considering trying another capture card as well but maybe I will hold off.
There's a bunch of us dealing with it. It's so weird because once you notice it you can never un-notice it and it drives me nuts. I had nary a problem with OBS for years and its free so I can't complain too much. I just can't wait for it to be fixed so I never have to think about it again. I've spent 200 plus hours troubleshooting, building a pc then subsequently rebuilding and swapping things out trying to find a source to no avail, running tests, changing settings one at a time in bios and windows and obs and testing testing testing but literally have found essentially nothing.

Dandorr

Salve,

ho seri problemi con l'immagine resa da OBS e non capisco cosa diavolo stia succedendo.
Credo che questa sia la sezione giusta perché l'immagine resa su OBS è diventata bassissima nonostante il mio bitrate è ottimo (in stream è 8000 mentre in casa ho oltre 20mbps in upload).
Linko la mia ultima diretta, dal minuto 46:40 l'immagine rende l'idea degli enormi problemi che mi sta creando: https://www.facebook.com/dandorit/videos/1117784592006363
L'immagine, oltre a pixellare, tende a tagliarsi letteralmente in due.
Ho un dual pc setup e sul pc da streaming c'è un Ryzen 7 2700x, Elgato HD60 Pro ed una Nvidia 1050 Ti. Encoding di OBS è software x264.
Sono a disposizione per ulteriori informazioni.

Grazie infinite

fatmatrow

Salve,

ho seri problemi con l'immagine resa da OBS e non capisco cosa diavolo stia succedendo.
Credo che questa sia la sezione giusta perché l'immagine resa su OBS è diventata bassissima nonostante il mio bitrate è ottimo (in stream è 8000 mentre in casa ho oltre 20mbps in upload).
Linko la mia ultima diretta, dal minuto 46:40 l'immagine rende l'idea degli enormi problemi che mi sta creando: https://www.facebook.com/dandorit/videos/1117784592006363
L'immagine, oltre a pixellare, tende a tagliarsi letteralmente in due.
Ho un dual pc setup e sul pc da streaming c'è un Ryzen 7 2700x, Elgato HD60 Pro ed una Nvidia 1050 Ti. Encoding di OBS è software x264.
Sono a disposizione per ulteriori informazioni.

Grazie infinite
I don't speak much Italian, but this looks like an unrelated issue, start a topic for it, and translate it into English for a faster answer

Tastymond

Managed to calm my stutter a little bit by putting my capture device buffering to enable instead of auto detect, stutter is still present but it resyncs a lot quicker than before like seriously better. Any of you guys know more about this or if there is more I can do like set output fps by the card?

siemens

I have a BMD DeckLink 8K Pro and found that the intermittent stuttering is very serious when the driver version is 11.6. I reduced the drive to 11.5.1, which reduced a lot, but it did not disappear completely. But 11.6 there is no intermittent stuttering in vMix. The latest version of 12.0 has been released, but I haven't tested it yet, because the system is officially in operation and cannot be modified at will.

Charles Lee

I have a BMD DeckLink 8K Pro and found that the intermittent stuttering is very serious when the driver version is 11.6. I reduced the drive to 11.5.1, which reduced a lot, but it did not disappear completely. But 11.6 there is no intermittent stuttering in vMix. The latest version of 12.0 has been released, but I haven't tested it yet, because the system is officially in operation and cannot be modified at will.
I'm having the same intermittent stuttering issue. I have tried driver version 11.6, 11.7 and 12 to no avail. Have you found any solution yet?