Question / Help OBS Studio randomly closing itself when I stream at 1080p 60

So I just built a new PC with a Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.3ghz, an RTX 2080, 16GB of 3600 ram. But it seems that when I try to stream Apex at 1080 it;ll just randomly close on its own. It doesn't crash and provide a crash log, it just closes after a few minutes. I've tried Fast, and Faster (fast has actually shut down my computer with a temperature warning) but I'm surprised that 1080p Very Fast just did it as well (though not with an overheat warning). Fast and Faster 1080p don't even render a full 60 there'd like at 45-55fps before OBS closes or the PC shuts down.

It's weird to me because my previous 2700 system was set to 1080p Very Fast and worked. I seemingly can get my current setup to run at 720 Fast, but I didn't build this new computer to stream at 720p. Now I will admit that I'm playing my game at 1440p and attempting to stream it at 1080p, but considering Epox Vox's findings in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY2fbAzFiUE I figured it could for sure handle the load. At the very least it should be able to chew through streaming at 1080p Very Fast if my previous system with a Ryzen 7 2700 and 1070ti could.

Here's my last Log file https://obsproject.com/logs/ZyBuoH_1wdm51eqG
And a previous one where it shutdown. https://pastebin.com/5BrLtzmZ

I intend to keep trying some troubleshooting steps on my own later tonight but I figured I'd post this and start to get some suggestions, and or see if there's anything super obvious that I'm missing from the get-go.

An update. I need to repeat this another time, but it seems that dropping my overclock from 4.3 to 4.2 actually helped performance immensely. I was able to stream for a solid 2+ hours at 1080p 60. I even upped my x264 settings to Fast. I didn't have a crash. Again, I need to verify this on another session, but's crazy if just a 100mhz drop is really all it took to stabilize streaming. Gonna try an drop my voltage too.

j0n550n

Hi i have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, and i have the same problem. im at work so i cant test. but have you comfirmed it?

Hi i have an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, and i have the same problem. im at work so i cant test. but have you comfirmed it?
Dropping my overclock from 4.3 to 4.2 stabilized the whole thing. Like I straight up didn't have the issue anymore and was able to reduce voltage too.

In fact o could probably go even lower on my voltage, but my RTX card just got hit by Space Invaders artifacting, so I'll be swapping that out. Hopefully it happens today, but I may be out of commission for a minute if not.

bofeity

3700x here too, i disabled rclookahead and it seems to have stopped it from randomly closing when streaming 1080p60fps on x264
EDIT: Still happens. Dunno how to fix.

Last edited:
3700x here too, i disabled rclookahead and it seems to have stopped it from randomly closing when streaming 1080p60fps on x264
EDIT: Still happens. Dunno how to fix.
Do you have an overclock applied? Dropping mine down seems to have super fixed the issue, but I've also transitioned to a dual PC streaming setup so I haven't been playing and streaming from the same PC for the past couple weeks.

I have been using the gaming PC to stream console though and it's been stable for hours at a time.

bofeity

No overclocks. The Ryzen 3700x is my dedicated streaming PC so all it's doing is OBS really.
Still happens.

NeoDreamer77

I'm running a Ryzen 3700, 16gb Corsair 3200 Vengeance Pro and an AMD RX 5700 on an X570 Aorus Elite. No Overclocks just stock with XMP enabled and I also suffer from OBS just closing, NOT crashing, but closing randomly while I stream. I've tried disabling XMP which brings my RAM down to 2100 but still no change. I'm just streaming PS4 gameplay so my system is not being over challenged. I'm streaming 720p at 30fps so it's not over heating etc. Any suggestions? Oh PSU is 850 in case that helps. No crash reports... etc