Question / Help OBS Studio Multiple Instances?

Hi All,

I used to run multiple instances of OBS but since i've moved to Studio / MP i've not but now I want to is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

bob

If you have it in your bottom bar (launchbar/startbar) and the first instance is running, just right click on the OBS Studio Icon and choose OBS Studio at the top of the list.

Or just click the Icon in the Start menu under all Apps as how often as you like it to be opened.

Hi,

I didn't and was the reason for swapping across from the older OBS, but what i'm noticing is that if OBS downscales my 1080p input to 720p within the output -> rescale output option its pixelizing no matter what cpu usage or bitrate I'm use for streaming. the settings are as follows

Video capture card = Avmedia Live HD
Video capture res = 1920x1080 (note if this is set to 1280x720 then this issue doesn't occur, but then my recordings wil lbe 720p and I want 1080p)

[Video]
Base canvas = 1920x1080
Output Scale = 1920x1080
FPS = 60, have also tried 30 makes no difference to pixels
Downscale Filter = Lancozos, again have tried all with no difference

[Output]
Rescale Output = 1280x720
bitrate = 3000
custom buffer = 3000
keyframes = 2
Use CBR = On
CPU Preset = Fast
Profile = Main

If I set my capture card to 720p res as the input and don't scale using OBS it doesn't do this and it is therefore due to the downscaling within OBS.

I want to record and stream using the same OBS as I don't want to have to create multiple scenes but I want my recordings to be 1080p which they are and perfectly sharp / smooth.

Therefore the only way i can see if to run 2x OBS's like the old day using both of my capture cards as its a two pc setup one set as the raw res of 1080p for recording and one as 720p for streaming.

cheers

Bob,

BinaryBench

Greetings,

I found that you are able to do this by adding the "multi" argument to the short cut as shown:

Right click shortcut > Properties > Add " -multi" to the end of Target.
f2163844b0.png

layarion

OBS Studio opens in two instances, does that mean i don't need -multi ? and you need two to record webcam to separate file.