Question / Help OBS Studio + Logitech C922 = NOT COMPATIBLE?

Jeffro826

Hey everyone, so I'm in the middle of trying to get my Logitech C922 Pro webcam to work again on my OBS Studio. I was able to get the webcam to show up in Video Output only once when I first opened it, however when I opened up the settings again, there is no Logitech C922 listed in the available Video Output displays. I've tried redownloading webcam drivers, downloading new software [ChromaCam brings up the video settings and closes it 5 seconds later], and even ran OBS Studio in Administrator mode. Pardon my language, but what the hell am I doing wrong? This is seriously getting frustrating, especially with how much I've been singing OBS's praises.

mrgusse

I've tried chroma cam, and what it does is to use your cam, if it's running or you have a source for chromacam you can't use the c922 video capture source since it's already in use. You could set it to shutdown when not in use though and that might solve the problem.

BK-Morpheus

My C922 is working in OBS, but I switched back to my old C920, as the quality is pretty much the same and C922 will forget manual settings (exposure, whitebalance etc.) after every reboot.

BK-Morpheus

I don't have a problem with applying my settings...I just want Logitech to improve their software, so that those settings are kept after a reboot.
Logitech ticket is opened since over 4 weeks now (this problem affects every C922 owner).

Yournamehere

I've been using a C922 chroma cam with OBS studio for months, I do all the camera settings through OBS and havent had any issues until recently where OBS and SLOBS crash, but that's with the camera attached and not attached, so something in the latest update broke it.

If you are using logitech software to capture the camera, then it usually wont show in OBS, so make sure any logitech software is closed.