Obs-studio is not running ubuntu 21.04

Faiz uddin

I just installed obs-studio, and it's showing following errors:
error: eglCreateContext failed
error: device_create (GL) failed
error: Failed to initialize video. Your GPU may not be supported, or your graphics drivers may need to be updated.

How to fix this."Newbie"

AaronD

There are several different ways to install OBS, each of which have their own potential problems. Which one did you use?

The third error sounds like a problem that I had, and it really was the GPU driver. The default driver for me was ancient, and the GUI tools didn't have anything newer. The command line did, and it took some experimenting to get the newest that would support my old hardware. Then I had to change a BIOS setting to get the laptop screen back. But once all that was done, I had both the laptop screen and working OBS.

I didn't have your other errors though. It's common in software for some errors to cause others, and all of them are reported. So the first-reported ones are usually more important than the later ones. Fix the first, and the later might be fixed automatically. For that, I don't have an answer.

Does it run enough to post a log? At the very least, you could run it in a terminal and copy/paste that here.