OBS Studio does not take 2 webcams at the same time.

x.rObel

Hello, my name is Robel, I am new to the forum. Sorry for my English. I am new to using OBS too.

I am using Windows 10 and OBS v25.0.8. I have two Genius 1080 hd webcams and OBS only allows me to see the signal of one of them at a time. Is this normal? In a scene, if I select an entry with one of them, I cannot create another new entry with the other webcam at the same time. Nothing is seen.

I really appreciate some kind of help.
Regards!
Robel.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm also new, so hopefully someone who knows better will reply. But search on USB controller to see issues with USB cameras overwhelming USB controllers, and how to make sure cameras on separate controllers. I have no idea if that issue is related to your problem, but while waiting for another reply, something to look into

x.rObel

Thank you! I will try that.
Both webcams are in the same usb hub. Windows sees them, each separately. And OBS too, but I can never see them both.
Regards!

Lawrence_SoCal

Also, see other posts recently (last couple of days) about OBS and USB cameras related to driver issues (sometimes its the vendor's drivers that are the problem, not OBS)

Tomasz Góral

Run e.g. two VLC and connect to both cameras.
Second connect your cameras to different USB bridge (one bridge can connect fews ports).
Last problems is bad write drivers, but if you can see picture from both cameras in VLC also in OBS.

Ianm_047

I posted in another thread about this. I am having the same issue. I'm fairly certain it is not a driver or USB hub issue. I use 2 HDMI to USB boxes from the same manufacturer into the same hub. OBS studio will not recognize both. Tested the same configuration with Streamlabs OBS and both devices are recognized and work. Tested on desktop and laptop configurations with same devices and different hubs and ports. Tested with Xsplit also. OBS Studio is the only software that exhibits this behavior. All other broadcasting software tested does not. Until OBS Studio is fixed, I will use Streamlabs OBS. The free version does not have the same functionality, but it works where OBS Studio does not.

x.rObel

Thank you very much to all! I will try all the options offered and then I will tell you about my experience. Regards!

x.rObel

Hello people!

I solved the problem following the advice of Tomasz Góral. I connected each camera to a different hub. I rebooted Windows. OBS Studio detects them both. I allows you to create scenes with both cameras simultaneously.

Thanks so much for the help!. I hope I can be of help to the community! :)

Robel.

brucewilde51

I have two AVer Cam 520s. Either one connects, but when I try to connect the second, there is no video. I switched the cable from the AVer camera to another type of camera (a Vaddio PTZ camera) and it works. I conclude that either OBS or my PC will not let me use two AVer PTZ cameras of the same type at the same time. Both types of camera run plug-and-play using the same universal USB driver.

I note that Windows and OBS see the same name for both AVer cameras ("Cam520").

Any suggestions?

Bruce Wilde

Lawrence_SoCal

Having 2 different devices with same name is likely to cause a problem.. my recommendation.. start with NOT doing that
Now, how to do that? depends on how you are connecting the camera to OBS.. exactly. And may be camera driver software related.
each camera if USB, 'should' have a unique device ID, so what I'd do (and this may not be right) remove from OBS all instances of the camera, install camera #1, add to OBS and rename as Cam520-1 {or whatever), now remove and plug in Cam#2, and set that up in OBS as Cam#2. Does that work?

Baalin

Probably a long time but I "MAY" have a solution, I'm currently searching for a different solution, so if you're Nvidia Broadcast user this probably won't work for you.

Change the registry and device manager names of you webcam devices so they can be recognized as entirely different devices. There's a tutorial here, it's very simple

I've had success with this when trying to use two of the same camera's (Logitech c920's). Currently I'm using new 4k webcams and they all share the same brand/name and once I change the Driver Key name slightly I have no problem using them as raw sources (but currently not working with nvidia broadcast)

fightwithpen

I had the same issue. Cameras work individually no issues. However if one camera is on; turning on the other will result in camera light flash twice and then nothing. I could make both cameras de-active and then either one will work individually no issues.

I am using: Windows 10 Pro
OBS: OBS 28.1.2 (64 Bit)
Cam1 : Microsoft Life Cam
Cam2 : Logitec C922 Pro

The root cause:

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service Error​

The fix update registry.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
DWORD32 : PoolUsageMaximum value: 96 Decimal
DWORD32 : PagedPoolSize value: ffffffff Hex

Here is a video on how to change / add these values.

andypiper

I have been back to this page multiple times, none of these suggestions work for me - and yet logitech software can see the camera. Here is what worked for me:

My suspicion is that each time you replug your camera or upgrade the driver or install camera software the device ID changes in windows. OBS, however, knows nothing about the new device id - it just looks like the camera isn't working. So what I did was select a different camera in the camera settings of OBS, clicked ok and then did the same for the camera I wanted - and voila the camera appears again and is working. Works for multiple cameras.

noobgamingza

Hi,

This may or may not work for you, about 3 months ago I purchased a hikvision webcam ds-u02, I was very happy with the quality of the camera for the price I payed and worked well in obs, I then decided to buy another one along side a usb 3.0 hub to power both cameras,

when I connected both cams, they power on with the red LED indications and I can see 2 1080p cams when trying to add them but I just end up with a black screen,

I then tested them individually into the hub and both seems to work fine individually,

I then realized that not only does the webcams have the same name but it's also running into one usb bus meaning one signal is sent to my pc,

I then went ahead and connected one camera to my hub and the other to any other usb port on my pc and I could see both on any scene they were added,

haven't had any issues since,

Run your cams into completely separate ports,

Hope this helps.