Question / Help OBS Studio Disconnecting

GameproGJ

So I read through the problems that could cause a disconnecting issue. I don't feel it is my internet, but I can't say that it isn't for sure. When streaming other devices are unaffected. I stream on a laptop that is connected by an ethernet cable. The stream would be going fine and then out of nowhere, the kbs would drop to 0 and then OBS Studio would disconnect after about 5 seconds. It usually takes two attempts (maybe 15 to 20 seconds) before OBS Studio reconnects successfully. I'll drop a few frames here and there but most of the time that is no big deal. I'll also add that some stream sessions I'll have no issues while other sessions I might have 3 to 5 disconnects during a 3 hour stream. The log files I attached were during a session either myself or my brother was streaming (we both stream on the same computer).

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• 2019-05-16 08-46-55.txt
    66.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2019-05-16 12-14-36.txt
    67.8 KB · Views: 3

Narcogen

Run TwitchTest. According to the OBS log, your connection is not even able to sustain your low 2500kbps bitrate.

08:49:18.484: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 563 (56.7%)

GameproGJ

Thanks for the reply Narcogen. I think I'm going to get a hold of my ISP and have a tech come out and take a look. I really want to get this cleared up.

Also, by TwitchTest do you mean Twitch Inspector? - http://inspector.twitch.tv

Thanks Again!

GameproGJ

Ouch! Ok, I'm supposed to be getting 25mbps Download and 5mbps upload so I shouldn't be experiencing these problems. I'm currently trying to get a hold of my ISP to take care of this.