Question / Help OBS Studio & Capture Cards ... Why Does The Audio Desync Over Time?

Hey there people.

As the title say's, why does the audio on my capture card desync over time? Its an easy enough fix, I simply have to turn my capture card off and back on again.
I could be streaming for an hour or so and everything would be fine but I would then eventually notice that the audio has desynced for some reason. Odd because there's not really any indication that its happened and then I would have to reboot it through OBS whilst streaming.

In any case, are there any fixes for this? By the way, I only use USB 3.0 capture cards as I prefer to stream straight from my computer whilst playing the game through OBS.

Also, here's my computer specs and such:

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI HERO
CPU: Ryzen 2700X
RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Red
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING ACX 3.0 8GB
Capture Card: StarTech USB3HDCAP

Any help would be grand. Thanks!

Gotcha.

In the properties for your capture card, is there an option to turn off timestamps?

These are the settings I have on my capture card.

b089b64d8fc380c72b7c1d6ea87ed59e.png

af3b6bfe634554179ce20044c389f0e1.png

So this is still happening, even after uninstalling and reinstalling OBS Studio, switching capture cards and disabling timestamps on all audio devices. I really am lost here regarding this issue.

As a heads up, I have three scenes in total. The first one is a "starting soon" screen that play's a silent video with the game capture behind the video so that the audio from the game can be heard, the next is my "stream" scene with the game capture obviously included and the third is my "be right back" scene which also plays a silent video and has the game capture behind it too. In all three scenes the capture card is present, so that the audio from the game I'm streaming will always be in the background.

Could this be one of the reasons as to why the audio eventually desyncs over time?

Narcogen

Shouldn't be. I do something similar myself in some scene collections.

As long as those sources are all references, it should be fine. If they were duplicates, you'd probably lose the connection as access to most capture devices is exclusive. Since that's apparently not what is happening, I don't think that's the issue.

You could try just building a new scene collection with only a single scene and just the capture card, and see if the problem occurs there.

Shouldn't be. I do something similar myself in some scene collections.

As long as those sources are all references, it should be fine. If they were duplicates, you'd probably lose the connection as access to most capture devices is exclusive. Since that's apparently not what is happening, I don't think that's the issue.

You could try just building a new scene collection with only a single scene and just the capture card, and see if the problem occurs there.
Thanks for the information.

I read online that it could also be due to the sample rate and noticed mine was on 44Hz and not 48Hz. Shall try this out latter and report back! Hopefully I find a fix and then anyone looking this up can find this thread.

I would like to mention that throughout my testing, I've been using version version: 22.0.1. I do recall that these issues only started happening with recent updates and with this, I've rolled back to version: 20.1.3.

I shall update this post once more testing has been done! Perhaps rolling back a few versions will tell me something.