OBS Studio 30.1 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

OBS Studio 30.1 RC1 is now available for testing! This update adds HDR support for YouTube over RTMP, a brand new Image Slideshow source, direct audio capture from the Game Capture and Window Capture sources on Windows, PipeWire capture device support, additional support for AV1, and more! Plus, our usual bug fixes, performance improvements, and small usability tweaks.

• Enabled HDR for HEVC over RTMP [nquah]
  • Reworked the Image Slideshow source [Lain-B] (The reworked Image Slideshow source loads files asynchronously and fixes an issue where the slideshow would loop before showing all images. To change existing Image Slideshow sources to the new version, you must recreate them. Existing Image Slideshow sources will continue functioning as before.)
  • Added Capture Audio option to window/game capture on Windows [derrod]
  • Added Premultiplied Alpha option for game capture on Windows [jpark37]
  • Added option for automatic cropping to bounding box [derrod]
  • Added maxRGB tonemapper for SDR in HDR Tone Mapping filter [jpark37]
  • Added GPU rescaling options for streaming and recording outputs [derrod]
  • Added channel selection for CoreAudio input devices [PatTheMav]
  • Added Capture Card Device source type on macOS [PatTheMav]
  • Enabled multi-track audio support for mpegts [pkviet]
  • Added AV1 support for VA-API [nowrep]
  • Added AV1 support for WebRTC/WHIP output [Sean-Der]
  • Added Video Capture Device (PipeWire) source type [GeorgesStavracas]

Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 30 RC1 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:
1659496483190-png.85265

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

sOOtie

I've noticed that with this build the Twitch Vod Audio Track functionality has stopped working. Have checked all settings but Twitch is ignoring the VOD Audio Track and using the stream audio track - music is hitting the vod. Worked fine pre-beta

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I've noticed that with this build the Twitch Vod Audio Track functionality has stopped working. Have checked all settings but Twitch is ignoring the VOD Audio Track and using the stream audio track - music is hitting the vod. Worked fine pre-beta
This is a known issue with Beta 1 and will be fixed with Beta 2.

lcalder

On MacOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (M2 Arm) with Beta 2 I'm always getting OBS to crash upon exit.
Here is the crash dump attached.

Attachments

• OBS crash dump 20240215.txt
    531.7 KB · Views: 26

lcalder

Here's the OBS log from the above-shown crash attached.

Attachments

• 2024-02-15 16-43-01.txt
    59.9 KB · Views: 16

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
On MacOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (M2 Arm) with Beta 2 I'm always getting OBS to crash upon exit.
Here is the crash dump attached.

Crashed Thread: 8 libobs: graphics thread
[...]

2 StreamDeckPluginASIO1-28-0 0x136e354f8 build_sceneitem_reference(obs_scene_item*) + 116
3 StreamDeckPluginASIO1-28-0 0x136e36208 streamdeck::handlers::obs_scene::on_item_remove(void*, calldata*) + 112

This crash is caused by the Stream Deck plugin which is a known issue with the Stream Deck plugin. They will be releasing an update, hopefully next week.

lcalder

I am getting OBS v30 beta 2 to crash now repeatedly upon exit - I just launch and exit and it crashes. I am using the streamDeck plugin, however earlier today I was able to get it to close several times in a row without a crash. Then it started again. I have logs attached below for the last several exits/crashes in case this is helpful in tracking down this problem...

The log files show that it seems to not always crash in the same place, although there are several logs that have similar endings.

Attachments

• 2024-02-19 22-17-15.txt
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2024-02-19 23-13-57.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024-02-19 23-17-43.txt
    51.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024-02-19 23-19-14.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2024-02-19 23-20-18.txt
    51.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024-02-19 23-22-35.txt
    50.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2024-02-19 23-33-53.txt
    51.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-02-19 23-13-03.txt
    51.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2024-02-19 23-12-35.txt
    59.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024-02-19 23-06-41.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 14

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I am getting OBS v30 beta 2 to crash now repeatedly upon exit - I just launch and exit and it crashes. I am using the streamDeck plugin
As mentioned above, the Stream Deck plugin has a known crash. As far as I know, it's not guaranteed to happen every time, it just can happen, as the trigger is a series of function calls that trigger undefined behavior.

The best way to tell for sure is to either provide crash logs to compare to the known crash stack or remove the Stream Deck plugin until their update is available.

longusnickus

is flatpak BETA still at 30.0.2?
"flatpak search obs" shows and it is also what got installed on my PC

Code:
OBS Studio                   Live streaming and video recording software                                                         com.obsproject.Studio                             30.0.2          beta      flathub-beta

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
is flatpak BETA still at 30.0.2?
"flatpak search obs" shows and it is also what got installed on my PC

Code:
OBS Studio                   Live streaming and video recording software                                                         com.obsproject.Studio                             30.0.2          beta      flathub-beta
Flathub publishing has not yet worked for 30.1. It will hopefully work for the next 30.1 beta/rc release.

Zbourne

Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

OBS Studio 30.1 RC1 is now available for testing! This update adds HDR support for YouTube over RTMP, a brand new Image Slideshow source, direct audio capture from the Game Capture and Window Capture sources on Windows, PipeWire capture device support, additional support for AV1, and more! Plus, our usual bug fixes, performance improvements, and small usability tweaks.

• Enabled HDR for HEVC over RTMP [nquah]
  • Reworked the Image Slideshow source [Lain-B] (The reworked Image Slideshow source loads files asynchronously and fixes an issue where the slideshow would loop before showing all images. To change existing Image Slideshow sources to the new version, you must recreate them. Existing Image Slideshow sources will continue functioning as before.)
  • Added Capture Audio option to window/game capture on Windows [derrod]
  • Added Premultiplied Alpha option for game capture on Windows [jpark37]
  • Added option for automatic cropping to bounding box [derrod]
  • Added maxRGB tonemapper for SDR in HDR Tone Mapping filter [jpark37]
  • Added GPU rescaling options for streaming and recording outputs [derrod]
  • Added channel selection for CoreAudio input devices [PatTheMav]
  • Added Capture Card Device source type on macOS [PatTheMav]
  • Enabled multi-track audio support for mpegts [pkviet]
  • Added AV1 support for VA-API [nowrep]
  • Added AV1 support for WebRTC/WHIP output [Sean-Der]
  • Added Video Capture Device (PipeWire) source type [GeorgesStavracas]

Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 30 RC1 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!
I'm on a Mac M1 and for some reason, my Rode streamer X is now not recognized by OBS as a capture device.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS Studio 30.1 was finalized some time ago, so I will now lock this thread. Please use the normal support channels for any additional support questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.