OBS Studio 29 with Virtual Cam Plugins failed to load

FerretRex

I am new with OBS Studio 29. Right now, I want to set up OBS Virtual Cam so I can have Zoom and Facebook Live work. I have also tried by downloaded OBS Studio 28.1.2 Full installer. I installed OBS Virtual Cam 2.0.5 and 2.0.4. I keep getting this error when I open up the OBS Studio regarding it is version 29.0.0 or 28.1.2. The screen says:
"The following OBS plugins failed to load: obs-virtualouptut.

Since I am new. I could not find anything helpful in this forum. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, I was wondering how does OBS Virtual Cam related to the virtual output? It asks me to update or remove that plugin? Is it the same as OBS Virtual Cam or is it a different app? Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you...

Attachments

• 2023-02-01_09-55-22.gif
    2023-02-01_09-55-22.gif
    5 KB · Views: 704

FerretRex

I forgot to add that I have even tried these steps:
  1. in File Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins\win-dshow
  2. right-click virtualcam-install.bat and select Run as Administrator
Even removed:
Follow the instructions at the left, but use virtualcam-uninstall.bat (note the un) instead.

Neither worked... the pop up came up still and was the same result.

Any suggestions? Would I need to go to a more previous version? If so, where can I do this?

FerretRex

I checked the Log Files. And, found this:
10:03:32.497: NVENC supported
10:03:32.497: [NVENC] AV1 is not supported
10:03:32.498: [noise suppress]: NVIDIA denoiser disabled, redistributable not found or could not be loaded.
10:03:32.499: Failed to get NVVideoEffects.dll version info size
10:03:32.500: [NVIDIA VIDEO FX]: FX disabled, redistributable not found or could not be loaded.
10:03:32.535: Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll' due to possible import conflicts
10:03:32.538: [obs-websocket] [obs_module_load] you can haz websockets (Version: 5.1.0 | RPC Version: 1)
10:03:32.538: [obs-websocket] [obs_module_load] Qt version (compile-time): 6.3.1 | Qt version (run-time): 6.3.1
10:03:32.538: [obs-websocket] [obs_module_load] Linked ASIO Version: 101201
10:03:32.545: [obs-websocket] [obs_module_load] Module loaded.
10:03:32.551: [vlc-video]: Couldn't find VLC installation, VLC video source disabled

This might be the problem... anyone know more about the following;

NVIDIA denoiser?
NVIDIA VIDEO FX?

Would above be causing problem?
Skipping module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-virtualoutput.dll' due to possible import conflicts

Or, is there nothing to worry about above?

PaiSand

OBS has it's own virtual cam so the old plugin isn't needed and probably isn't compatible with OBS 28 and 29.
You messed up.
Remove the plugin, uninstall and reinstall OBS. See if this fix the error you caused.

FerretRex

You are right no needs for virtual cam as in 29 it already has the plug in. Thank you, PaiSand. I also figured out how to turn on the Virtual Cam and Facebook Live. All is good now. It works. Except for Zoom seems not letting me switch from OBS studio and Zoom easily. There seems to be a small Glitch in the threads somehow. I will look into that a bit more later. But, Please disregard my question about Zoom and Facebook Live. OBS Studio 29 works perfectly now.

Fahad_Habib

Please guide me why obs is not streaming in vertical resolution instead its output is like squashed video as i have set my base canvas resolution to 720x1280 and also output scaled resolution to same 720x1280 but it's not working in live streaming nor as virtual camera output,

STEAMZ

my case is almost similar to @FerretRex except my obs studio 29.0.2 still cant get that virtual cam option even after uninstalling the v29.0.2 and reinstalling it. i also uninstalled the virtual camera plugin before reinstalling and its not working.

reallybigdeal

my case is almost similar to @FerretRex except my obs studio 29.0.2 still cant get that virtual cam option even after uninstalling the v29.0.2 and reinstalling it. i also uninstalled the virtual camera plugin before reinstalling and its not working.
Any luck on getting virtual cam to work on obs29.0.2?

War_Danc3r

I've just upgraded from v27 to v29 latest release... I'm having the same issue with residual plugins.. I'm ok with uninstalling and re-installing obs but, my question is... the v.29 compatible plugins I've already installed with downloaded ".exe" files.. must I remove them as well when I uninstall obs or will it just pick them up again when I re-install obs to try and fix the outdated plugins issue?

War_Danc3r

oh well, it was a lesson worth learning. I had to re-install all my v.29 plugins after the re-install of obs. However, all the plugin error pop-ups have disappeared when I open the application now.