OBS Studio 29 warning

dcmen007

Hello everyone.
After updating to version 29, the "Filters" tab began to show this warning (see the picture).
What should I do?

Безымянный.png

sandrix

I have been contacted several times today with this problem.
The idea is to update the Nvidia Audio SDK
1673258031046.png

I found this update on github, but it seems to only be relevant for owners of RTX graphics cards in OBS 29.
https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/pull/7466
You can ignore the warning or update the Audio SDK even if you don't have RTX.
1673258704801.png

Also you can use Noise Suppression instead of RNNoise. They work pretty much the same.
scale_1200

Last edited:

dcmen007

View attachment 90405

I found this update on github, but it seems to only be relevant for owners of RTX graphics cards in OBS 29.
View attachment 90407

Also you can use Noise Suppression instead of RNNoise. They work pretty much the same.
scale_1200
Okay, thanks!

Just A Taco

View attachment 90405

View attachment 90407

scale_1200
Are there any issues if we don't upgrade? I have the same issue, same warning and what not, but I don't have a lot of technical knowhow. Are there any risks to not changing anything?

Dwoink

Hi everyone,
I tried to update on Tuesday 10th of January to OBS 29.
But i have an old GTX 1070 and even with the nvidia SKD's updates, i can't use the RNN Noise anymore.
So i roolbacked to the 28.1.1 :(

sandrix

Hi everyone,
I tried to update on Tuesday 10th of January to OBS 29.
But i have an old GTX 1070 and even with the nvidia SKD's updates, i can't use the RNN Noise anymore.
So i roolbacked to the 28.1.1 :(
Try this plugin, I've been using it for a few years now, it works great for me.
My settings are a little higher in this thread.

Dwoink

Try this plugin, I've been using it for a few years now, it works great for me.
My settings are a little higher in this thread.
Thanks very much Sandrix!!!
May i ask you please, how could i install it to obs plugin? which file do i have to copy into obs-plugins?

sandrix

Thanks very much Sandrix!!!
May i ask you please, how could i install it to obs plugin? which file do i have to copy into obs-plugins?
1673512660643.png

Create a folder in C:\Program Files called VSTPlugins
Move the folder or files in the win-rnnoise.zip\win-rnnoise\vst archive to the created VSTPlugins folder. Then add a VST plugin to the microphone and select rnnoise_stereo or mono.

My microphone works in stereo, but I will convert it to mono anyway, so that there is no distortion. When a voice is recorded, it is usually converted to mono.
1673513007164.png

Last edited:

Dwoink

View attachment 90554
If OBS is installed in the default location, then everything will install where it should. Then add a VST plugin to your microphone and select rnnoise_stereo or mono.

My microphone works in stereo, but I will convert it to mono anyway, so that there is no distortion. When a voice is recorded, it is usually converted to mono.
View attachment 90556
You're such an angel ;)
thanks very much!

Have a great day ;)

OsoMalvado

i am new to all this pc stuff i got a amd graphics why is it telling me to upgrade my nvidia part i dont have nvidia

Attachments

• image_2023-01-12_171006636.png
    image_2023-01-12_171006636.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 177

sandrix

I clarified on the github in the thread about this update. In the end, no, you don't have to do anything. This is relevant for an RTX graphics card if you need new features that require tensor cores. I think this warning should not be for graphics cards other than NVIDIA.

Last edited:

S3xySteak

View attachment 90554
If OBS is installed in the default location, then everything will install where it should. Then add a VST plugin to your microphone and select rnnoise_stereo or mono.

View attachment 90556
I still don't get it. After I extracted the zip, there are only some folders with some .ttl and .dll files in them. What should I do then please?
My pc is using 5600x, GTX1070, OS Windows10, OBS version is 29.0.0

Lord_ashtray91

How exactly do I install werman noise suppression? It just has files & folders, no install .exe's of any kind. Where do I place these files so that I may use them in OBS?

Dwoink

How exactly do I install werman noise suppression? It just has files & folders, no install .exe's of any kind. Where do I place these files so that I may use them in OBS?
You have to install Realplugs and drop all files into install folder ;) then into OBS choose VST plugin and select rnnoise stereo or mono ;)

xjonx

Just download and install the video and audio sections of this link
I am still at a loss. It says it's for RTX 20/30/40 cards. I don't have any of those. I have a GTX 1660 Super. Will installing these on my computer work or will it just bork everything like the video drivers usually do.

I seldom update video driver stuff as it is typically buggy and usually come with a lot of drive-by bloatware I would never use.

Kaschi

i am new to all this pc stuff i got a amd graphics why is it telling me to upgrade my nvidia part i dont have nvidia
Almost the same with me: I looked to my system-info and it seems that I do have a INTEL-card

What do I have to do to make the "Warining" disappaer?

A video tutorial to solve this issue would be great

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-23 111814.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-23 111814.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited: