OBS Studio 29.1 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcalder

OBS 29.1 rc1 MacOs ARM "MacOS Screen Capture" - capture a display - will lose its way between launches / reboots half the time. It will just show a black source. Occasionally Windows versions have a similar problem with "Window Capture" between (mostly) reboots and (only occasionally) launches of OBS, but generally the fix for that is to enter source properties and change the mode of capture from Automatic to Windows 7 or Windows 10, then back to Windows 10 and the problem will be resolved (until next reboot or whatever).
But the with MacOS bug, I am finding that when the display capture fails - entering the source properties and trying to reset the selection (for multiple monitors) (so switch from Monitor 2 to Monitor 1 and then back again) does not help. Instead, the only way to fix the problem is to delete the source and then create a new MacOS Screen Capture with the same selection.

This is happening as described above regularly with a multimonitor setup. I am now testing to see if I can recreate this bug with a single monitor setup and will notify if so.

Also, next time this happens (the screen capture source shows black) I will update with a log file in case that shows anything.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Sure. Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch OBS
2. Resize the main window, then resize some of the docks
3. Close OBS
4. Relaunch OBS.... everything will be back to the way it was in step 1.
<snip>
Please try this again without any third party plugins. We are still unable to reproduce this.

OBS 29.1.0rc1 MacOS ARM version "Check for missing files" function no longer works.
<snip>
This can be easily reproduced, even without restarting OBS. Just add an image source, which will show on your scene. Then change the name slightly from the command line or file browser, then run "Check for missing files". Try to locate the new location / filename and apply and you will see nothing happen.
We are unable to reproduce this as described. Please try to reproduce without any third-party plugins and provide an OBS log file.

OBS 29.1 rc1 MacOs ARM "MacOS Screen Capture" - capture a display - will lose its way between launches / reboots half the time. It will just show a black source.
<snip>
But the with MacOS bug, I am finding that when the display capture fails - entering the source properties and trying to reset the selection (for multiple monitors) (so switch from Monitor 2 to Monitor 1 and then back again) does not help. Instead, the only way to fix the problem is to delete the source and then create a new MacOS Screen Capture with the same selection.
<snip>
This is a known behavior with Screen Capture Kit, which is the Apple framework that is used for the "macOS Screen Capture" source. See Issue 4991. This is not new to 29.1, and we will be examining possible solutions for a future release after the 29.1 series.

lcalder

Sure. Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch OBS
2. Resize the main window, then resize some of the docks
3. Close OBS
4. Relaunch OBS.... everything will be back to the way it was in step 1.

Below I have attached a video of me doing this. Sorry the video is somewhat poor as I am shooting my screen with my phone's camera... I tried to use two instances of OBS, one instance to record the second instance opening, resizing, then closing then reopening again, but on attempting the reopen OBS hung...
Youtube video link

Also please find the logs of the first opening and resizing, and then another of the reopening.
I have been able to recreate this problem and have determined which plugins have a problem. I am using 16+ plugins. I tested each one of them and have determined that 11 of these plugins do not cause the above problem. On the down side, fully 5 of the 3rd party plugins I use cause the problem exactly as described, with no variation in behavior between them. I am thinking that this might not be a problem with the individual plugins themselves, as there are so many of them with the exact same problem, but with some OBS API function call or other.

The offending plugins are:
, audio-monitor.plugin
, downstream-keyer.plugin
, media-controls.plugin
, obs-midi-mg. plugin
, source-dock.plugin

The ones I use that cause no problem:
advanced-scene-switcher.plugin
gradient-source.plugin
move-transition.plugin
obs-toolbar.plugin
replay-source.plugin
scene-collection-manager.plugin
source-clone.plugin
source-record.plugin
StreamDeckPlugin.plugin
transition-table.plugin
waveform.plugin

Altezza

I just updated to the latest version Today. Unfortunately it have a probelm/bug. A lot of video capture source is just show a black canvas or works perfect, but only as one source so if I choose the same video capture device as a second source it is just show a black canvas.
One of the camera source went black during the stream Today and I was unable to get it to work again.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I have been able to recreate this problem and have determined which plugins have a problem. I am using 16+ plugins. I tested each one of them and have determined that 11 of these plugins do not cause the above problem. On the down side, fully 5 of the 3rd party plugins I use cause the problem exactly as described, with no variation in behavior between them. I am thinking that this might not be a problem with the individual plugins themselves, as there are so many of them with the exact same problem, but with some OBS API function call or other.

The offending plugins are:
, audio-monitor.plugin
, downstream-keyer.plugin
, media-controls.plugin
, obs-midi-mg. plugin
, source-dock.plugin
Then it sounds like those plugin authors need to examine what they are doing that would cause this. If they determine there's something in OBS that they are using that causes this, then we can try to address it.

I just updated to the latest version Today. Unfortunately it have a probelm/bug. A lot of video capture source is just show a black canvas or works perfect, but only as one source so if I choose the same video capture device as a second source it is just show a black canvas.
One of the camera source went black during the stream Today and I was unable to get it to work again.
Please provide an OBS log file and provide the make and model of the capture devices. Please also check if this occurs in OBS Studio 29.0.2.

Altezza

Then it sounds like those plugin authors need to examine what they are doing that would cause this. If they determine there's something in OBS that they are using that causes this, then we can try to address it.

Please provide an OBS log file and provide the make and model of the capture devices. Please also check if this occurs in OBS Studio 29.0.2.

I use an Elgato CamLink 4k, and two "non branded" ones. Both worked well during the last years and I have no such problem like this before the recent update.
Also forgot to mention that the OBS crashed after I exit the program. See att. files.

LOG FILE:

Attachments

• Crash 2023-05-03 16-47-51.txt
    111.4 KB · Views: 30

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I use an Elgato CamLink 4k, and two "non branded" ones. Both worked well during the last years and I have no such problem like this before the recent update.
Also forgot to mention that the OBS crashed after I exit the program. See att. files.

LOG FILE:
There is a known bug in OBS Studio 29.1.0 with Elgato Game Capture HD devices that can cause them to not load. Other Elgato devices may be affected. This should be fixed in OBS Studio 29.1.1 when it becomes available.

The crash is unrelated to the Elgato issue, and it is most likely caused by a third-party plugin. Check if you have any available updates.

Altezza

Log file
There is a known bug in OBS Studio 29.1.0 with Elgato Game Capture HD devices that can cause them to not load. Other Elgato devices may be affected. This should be fixed in OBS Studio 29.1.1 when it becomes available.

The crash is unrelated to the Elgato issue, and it is most likely caused by a third-party plugin. Check if you have any available updates.

Thanks, is there any chance for that 29.1.1. version before this sunday or I have to switch back to the previous version if I have to use OBS for streaming? (I am doing live sports streaming and this version give me a headache yesterday during the broadcast. Aspecialy when the shotclock videofeed just disappeared during the game and it was impossible to switch it back.)

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Log file

Thanks, is there any chance for that 29.1.1. version before this sunday or I have to switch back to the previous version if I have to use OBS for streaming? (I am doing live sports streaming and this version give me a headache yesterday during the broadcast. Aspecialy when the shotclock videofeed just disappeared during the game and it was impossible to switch it back.)
Unfortunately, we can't guarantee release dates.

drip69

Hi everyone!

I've been trying some of the beta builds for OBS 29.1, namely beta 1, beta 4, and the recent RC1. Regardless of the build, I'm experiencing a problem streaming AV1 to YouTube. It will appear as if everything is stable, and I can stream at a consistent bitrate without issue (no encoder overload or any problems observed on the OBS client). After some time, however, I'll witness my YouTube stream start to buffer for every viewer to the point where it is unwatchable. I've been streaming at 1440p60, and experimenting with both low latency and regular latency modes. I have used 6000kbps, 8000kbps, and 10000kbps bitrates with none of them making any difference to the problem. I've attached my log file from today's test.

I'm using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX right now, using the AMD HW AV1 encoder and I have tried with both quality and balanced presets, CBR only.

Hope this helps!
I've been having this same issue since the first beta. Thought it was a glitch but it appears not many people are having this issue besides us it seems.

I've uploaded some logs when this incident has happened, I can gather more if needed but my situation is the same as neonpurrs. I stream AV1 to YouTube and the stream will run fine for few and then it'll drop to 100-300 bitrate and be in the red unless I stop the stream or if I want I can use a VPN and then reset connection and then it'll work again with no issues.

Some ways I've been able to reproduce the issue sometimes immediately is if I go to a static screen or nothing happens on screen the bitrate will drop to nothing and that frames drop/low bitrate issue will happen.

Hope this is of help, thanks!

Attachments

• Log 1.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Log 2.txt
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.