OBS Studio 29.1 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AptiX1

About the point:
Fixed an issue with the source rotation handle when source is flipped [cg2121]
In fact, he hasn't done it yet. It really turns the sources, but already in an oblique form it stops turning the source again.
Video example here:

Dennis50300

Same problem, if there is more that i can do/test for a changing in logs, let me know
After Restarting Windows "YUY2" is there and useful, if Windows comes back from Power-Saving, it's "red" or gone without cou can see it,
sometimes it's so that the Software an the Capture Card can't YUY2 and only MJPEG
But we know it's better to use YUY2 and the Capture Card and the Software, normally does this job

best regards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 1.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 32

lcalder

OBS Virtual Camera on OBS v29.1 beta 4 is gone? For MAC M2 at least. It was there for OBS 29.1 beta 3...

lcalder

It turns out that the virtual camera that OBS v29.1 beta 4 MACOS arm64 installs is somehow not showing up for other apps like XsplitVCam or Zoom. It does create the /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin, but it will not appear in Zoom, etc. Deleting the virtualcam.plugin and recreating doesn't work... But, if I delete it, reinstall OBS v29.1 beta-3 and then start the virtual camera, it will create a virtualcam.plugin that correctly appears in Zoom, etc.

ralfgong

Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

OBS Studio 29.1 Beta is now available for testing! This update adds support for the updated Enhanced RTMP streaming protocol, as well as update channels for macOS, improved Stinger Transition performance, fMP4 support, and multi-track audio options in simple output mode. Plus, our usual bug fixes, performance improvements (including a massive improvement for those with large scene collections!), and small usability tweaks.

• Added a DLL blocking feature for Windows. This allows OBS to block problematic DLLs from attaching to OBS and causing freezing or crashes, for example 3rd party overlay hooks and outdated video capture devices. [notr1ch]
    • This blocks old versions of popular VTubing software virtual cameras that are known to cause freezes when accessing video capture device properties. If you are affected, please update to the latest version of your VTubing software.
  • Added Update Channels on macOS and updated Sparkle for smaller and faster updates going forward [derrod]
  • Added settings to select the audio encoder for streaming and recording [tytan652]
  • Added an option to preload media sources used in Stingers to memory, to avoid frame skips during transitions [Jim]
  • Added compatibility notices in the Window and Game Capture sources for Windows [derrod]
  • Added the ability to zoom browser docks with Ctrl - and + and the right click menu [WizardCM]
  • Added a setting to record in fragmented MP4 and MOV formats [derrod]
  • Added support for surround sound for AJA capture cards [paulh-aja]
  • Added ProRes 4444 (XQ) support for VideoToolbox encoder on macOS [jpark37]
  • Added lossless audio recording options (FLAC/ALAC/PCM including 32-bit float) [derrod]
  • Added indicator if an audio source is unmuted, but not assigned to any audio tracks [derrod]
  • Added support for streaming AV1/HEVC over RTMP [YouTube/yuriy-chunak]
    • Currently only supported by/enabled for YouTube. Please see the pull request for context and known issues. This feature is also in beta at YouTube. Please help test with different encoders and settings, and report any issues found here, along with a log file from OBS.
  • Added support for multiple audio tracks in Simple output recording [pkv]

Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 29.1 Beta 4 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!
the best think is
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

OBS Studio 29.1 Beta is now available for testing! This update adds support for the updated Enhanced RTMP streaming protocol, as well as update channels for macOS, improved Stinger Transition performance, fMP4 support, and multi-track audio options in simple output mode. Plus, our usual bug fixes, performance improvements (including a massive improvement for those with large scene collections!), and small usability tweaks.

• Added a DLL blocking feature for Windows. This allows OBS to block problematic DLLs from attaching to OBS and causing freezing or crashes, for example 3rd party overlay hooks and outdated video capture devices. [notr1ch]
    • This blocks old versions of popular VTubing software virtual cameras that are known to cause freezes when accessing video capture device properties. If you are affected, please update to the latest version of your VTubing software.
  • Added Update Channels on macOS and updated Sparkle for smaller and faster updates going forward [derrod]
  • Added settings to select the audio encoder for streaming and recording [tytan652]
  • Added an option to preload media sources used in Stingers to memory, to avoid frame skips during transitions [Jim]
  • Added compatibility notices in the Window and Game Capture sources for Windows [derrod]
  • Added the ability to zoom browser docks with Ctrl - and + and the right click menu [WizardCM]
  • Added a setting to record in fragmented MP4 and MOV formats [derrod]
  • Added support for surround sound for AJA capture cards [paulh-aja]
  • Added ProRes 4444 (XQ) support for VideoToolbox encoder on macOS [jpark37]
  • Added lossless audio recording options (FLAC/ALAC/PCM including 32-bit float) [derrod]
  • Added indicator if an audio source is unmuted, but not assigned to any audio tracks [derrod]
  • Added support for streaming AV1/HEVC over RTMP [YouTube/yuriy-chunak]
    • Currently only supported by/enabled for YouTube. Please see the pull request for context and known issues. This feature is also in beta at YouTube. Please help test with different encoders and settings, and report any issues found here, along with a log file from OBS.
  • Added support for multiple audio tracks in Simple output recording [pkv]

Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 29.1 Beta 4 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!
that's what i was waiting for ( vertical output now am stick with obs )
how i can help ??? money ??

lcalder

On MACOS, I noticed that "Window Capture" and "Display Capture" are now deprecated, and yet I don't see any replacements... Not sure if this question is for this forum, as I don't know with which version this change occurred... Will a replacement/update be made?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
On MACOS, I noticed that "Window Capture" and "Display Capture" are now deprecated, and yet I don't see any replacements... Not sure if this question is for this forum, as I don't know with which version this change occurred... Will a replacement/update be made?
On macOS, "Display Capture" and "Window Capture" were deprecated for OBS Studio 28 when running on macOS 13+ . They were replaced with "macOS Screen Capture", which should be available in macOS 12.5+.

AptiX1

Recently I began to notice such a problem that periodic freezes of OBS 29.1 beta 4. I don’t know why this happens, many sources have already been removed and added again, but this does not help. Today I caught a crash with an error on w32-pthreads.dll. Maybe this was the reason for my freezes?

Attachments

• Crash 2023-03-23 16-55-35.txt
    150 KB · Views: 38

AptiX1

Recently I began to notice such a problem that periodic freezes of OBS 29.1 beta 4. I don’t know why this happens, many sources have already been removed and added again, but this does not help. Today I caught a crash with an error on w32-pthreads.dll. Maybe this was the reason for my freezes?
I'm sorry, but I posted the wrong log, here it is

Attachments

• Crash 2023-04-19 17-05-30.txt
    150 KB · Views: 39

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Something in AVerMedia Engine is causing that crash in OBS.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm sorry, but I posted the wrong log, here it is
Please also include the regular OBS log for this session. This seems to be a crash on removing a scene item, but somehow occurring in a right-click menu. Perhaps while adding/removing filters?

AptiX1

Please also include the regular OBS log for this session. This seems to be a crash on removing a scene item, but somehow occurring in a right-click menu. Perhaps while adding/removing filters?
Here is the log. Of the filters, I only added filters to the microphone. In other cases, I did not seem to add any filters.

Attachments

• 2023-04-19 17-02-02.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 36

Flagamer

Hey @RytoEX

When is streaming in AV1 format in HDR gonna be released in future betas? This codec is amazing to stream in 4K, however it onlys supports SDR (main profile instead of main10 used for HDR stream). In order to replace HEVC format using HLS on YouTube in my workflow, AV1 should also support HDR.

AptiX1

@RytoEX I think I fixed the freezes. And it really turned out to be in the filters on the microphone. I duplicated the filters several times to find the ones I needed in terms of sound and turned them off. Apparently at some point there were quite a lot of filters and this led to freezes in the OBS. But this problem appeared starting from 29.1, because such a problem was not observed before.
And perhaps the problem may be in the RNNoise VST plugin (not the built-in OBS noise reduction). It is difficult to establish the exact cause, but in the filters for sure.

lcalder

Is it just me, or does OBS v29.1.0 rc1 no longer remember the main window dimensions (size and width) for MacOS (ARM M1 Ventura 13.3.1)? It seems to remember the top left position of the main window, but cram the size and width down to absolute minimum so that *EVERY* time it is launched one needs to resize the window. Also, all the docks remember the order of placement, but not their dimensions. OBS for Mac used to be a mess to position and resize these things, but then it was fixed in OBS v27+... Not sure if this release or prior messed these up as I only started using my new Mac M2 recently - I have been mainly using Windows (which doesn't have this problem), but I remember my M1 didn't have this problem for prior release...

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Is it just me, or does OBS v29.1.0 rc1 no longer remember the main window dimensions (size and width) for MacOS (ARM M1 Ventura 13.3.1)? It seems to remember the top left position of the main window, but cram the size and width down to absolute minimum so that *EVERY* time it is launched one needs to resize the window. Also, all the docks remember the order of placement, but not their dimensions. OBS for Mac used to be a mess to position and resize these things, but then it was fixed in OBS v27+... Not sure if this release or prior messed these up as I only started using my new Mac M2 recently - I have been mainly using Windows (which doesn't have this problem), but I remember my M1 didn't have this problem for prior release...
We are unable to reproduce the described behavior with OBS Studio 29.1.0 RC1 on an M2 MacBook Pro on macOS 13.3.1 or an M1 Max (Mac Studio) on macOS 13.3.1. Please provide an OBS log and specific steps to reproduce.

neonpurrs

Hi everyone!

I've been trying some of the beta builds for OBS 29.1, namely beta 1, beta 4, and the recent RC1. Regardless of the build, I'm experiencing a problem streaming AV1 to YouTube. It will appear as if everything is stable, and I can stream at a consistent bitrate without issue (no encoder overload or any problems observed on the OBS client). After some time, however, I'll witness my YouTube stream start to buffer for every viewer to the point where it is unwatchable. I've been streaming at 1440p60, and experimenting with both low latency and regular latency modes. I have used 6000kbps, 8000kbps, and 10000kbps bitrates with none of them making any difference to the problem. I've attached my log file from today's test.

I'm using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX right now, using the AMD HW AV1 encoder and I have tried with both quality and balanced presets, CBR only.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 2023-04-27 16-04-25.txt
    304.4 KB · Views: 39

lcalder

We are unable to reproduce the described behavior with OBS Studio 29.1.0 RC1 on an M2 MacBook Pro on macOS 13.3.1 or an M1 Max (Mac Studio) on macOS 13.3.1. Please provide an OBS log and specific steps to reproduce.
Sure. Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch OBS
2. Resize the main window, then resize some of the docks
3. Close OBS
4. Relaunch OBS.... everything will be back to the way it was in step 1.

Below I have attached a video of me doing this. Sorry the video is somewhat poor as I am shooting my screen with my phone's camera... I tried to use two instances of OBS, one instance to record the second instance opening, resizing, then closing then reopening again, but on attempting the reopen OBS hung...
Youtube video link

Also please find the logs of the first opening and resizing, and then another of the reopening.

Attachments

• 2023-04-28 18-15-41.txt
    21.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2023-04-28 18-17-12.txt
    21 KB · Views: 23

lcalder

OBS 29.1.0rc1 MacOS ARM version "Check for missing files" function no longer works. Whether it is run upon program launch, or by clicking on the menu Scene Collection->Check for missing files. If some of your files are missing and you point obs to the new location, the dialog used to be "smart" in that it could locate other missing files if they were also in this new location. Not only does this no longer work, even selecting the new location or new filename for one of the missing files and then applying the dialog will not update the new file location/filename. So OBS will still not show it, and continue to complain about missing files upon next launch or manual check for missing files.
This can be easily reproduced, even without restarting OBS. Just add an image source, which will show on your scene. Then change the name slightly from the command line or file browser, then run "Check for missing files". Try to locate the new location / filename and apply and you will see nothing happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.