OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

We have new build for OBS Studio 28.0 available for testing! This will be an enormous release with several features and upgrades that will need extensive testing, including the following:
  • HDR and 10-bit color support (Windows, macOS/Linux support limited)
  • Native Apple Silicon Support (macOS)
    • Note that many third-party plugins will need to release Apple Silicon versions of their plugins in order for them to work on Apple Silicon builds of OBS
  • Upgrade UI framework to Qt6 (All platforms)
    • NOTE: Unfortunately, this means OBS Studio can no longer support the following operating systems:
      • Windows 7 & 8
      • macOS 10.13 & 10.14
      • Ubuntu 18.04
      • All 32-bit operating systems
    • Additionally, many third-party plugins that depend on legacy Qt5 components may not work until they are updated.
  • obs-websocket 5.0 plugin native integration. Read more here! (All platforms)
  • Updated AMD Encoder implementation (Windows)
  • Support for ScreenCaptureKit on macOS 12.5+ for significantly improved capture performance (macOS)
  • Significant improvements to Apple VT encoder (macOS)
  • Application-specific audio capture (Windows)
  • Integrated NVIDIA Background Removal (Windows)
  • Automatically split recordings by time or filesize (All platforms)
  • New default theme, Yami (All platforms)
  • And much, much more!
Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate 2 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:
1659496483190.png

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo
$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Ubuntu PPA Beta Installation:
Bash:
Install
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
$ sudo apt install obs-studio
Uninstall
$ sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:obsproject/obs-studio-unstable
$ sudo apt remove obs-studio

Due to the magnitude of this release, we need your help tracking down as many bugs as you can find before we make a full release! Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

BIGJOE_TV

hello guys
thnx for the amazing works
these plugins are not supported for me . i use the NDI and need to be on the beta plz
thank you
Screenshot_1239.jpg

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hi there!

Love the new theme. Is there a way to make the elements smaller?

You can modify the theme's QSS file to reduce/remove the padding for those buttons, but any future updates will overwrite any local modifications.

I choose HEVC but my stream doesnt start :/

You must choose a streaming service that supports HEVC. The only one that supports HEVC right now is YouTube using HLS. If you have selected that already, please provide a log file.

How did you get HEVC to show up in the Streaming section? I don't have it :(

You must have a graphics card that supports HEVC, and you must have selected a streaming service that supports HEVC. The only one that supports HEVC right now is YouTube using HLS.

hello guys
thnx for the amazing works
these plugins are not supported for me . i use the NDI and need to be on the beta plz
thank you
View attachment 85272

Please report this to the authors/maintainers of those plugins.

PhotoElite

Are you going to update the audio application capture to allow multiple executables on the same "capture" like the win audio capture plugin for OBS 27?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Are you going to update the audio application capture to allow multiple executables on the same "capture" like the win audio capture plugin for OBS 27?

We are unlikely to be changing the functionality of this feature at this time. Development time is focused on bug fixes now. If you require this functionality, please continue to use the third-party plugin.

PhotoElite

We are unlikely to be changing the functionality of this feature at this time. Development time is focused on bug fixes now. If you require this functionality, please continue to use the third-party plugin.
It's a neat feature but of course, bugs take priority. I'll keep my hopes up that you guys will find the time to add that functionality soon! I'll be doing further testing during the week trying to find any bugs for you but so far it's been stable. Love the new theme, makes things way easier to read.

Any idea what the difference between "H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) and "AMD HW H.264" is when selecting the encoder options. I'm curious which is the updated option that is unique to version 28.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Any idea what the difference between "H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework) and "AMD HW H.264" is when selecting the encoder options. I'm curious which is the updated option that is unique to version 28.
"AMD HW H.264" is the new implementation. "H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)" is the old implementation.

raymond608

Anyone knows if there is any way to remove this red icon when recording on Mac? It seems to be a new feature for 28.0 and I really wish to hide it.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 11.11.37 AM.png

Altezza

Looking forward to use the new OBS!

How can I check that my laptop is capable of stream to YouTube in HDR/HLS/HVEC format?

My laptop is

Proc. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
Memory 16,0 GB
64 bit, x64-based processor
Nvidia MX330

The current OBS offers me X264 or Quicksync H264 for streaming and SVT-AV1, AOM-AV1, AV1 (VIA AOM), Apple Prores )Prores_aw, via FFMpeg) for recording.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.