OBS Studio 27 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene79

On the Mac beta I’m getting frame drop when using an ndi source with a lutt on the filter, running with a browser dock with either restream or fb

Soon as I remove that filter it’s fine

Cpu use Is low, bit rate is solid so seems like a bug

DReffects

Bug Report:
Show/Hide Transitions

Version: 27.0.0-RC6

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Select two or more Sources
  2. Right-Click and select Show/Hide Transition
  3. Show/Hide Transition is only being applied to one of the selected sources

DReffects

Bug Report:
Hotkeys active while input field selected in Dialog
(not quite shure if bug or by design)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Set Hotkeys for scene changing to NUM Keys 0-9
  2. Double Click any Source or open a Dialog like "Add Source"
  3. Select a text input field
  4. Type on the NUM Keys
  5. Scenes change / Hotkey Command is being executed

I am unsure if this is by design out of the premise "hotkeys should always work" or if its a bug. If its not a bug, please consider it a feature suggestion to add an option to disable hotkeys while a text input field is selected ;-)
Thanks!

DReffects

Bug Report:
Chroma Key Filter Defaults button not working

Steps to reproduce:
  • Add chroma key filter
  • change values
  • hit "Default button" - nothing happens

koala

Version: OBS 27.0.0-rc6 (64-bit, windows)
Issue: Windows 21H1 release not logged correctly in OBS logfile:
Code:
19:29:36.315: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
19:29:36.315: CPU Speed: 4008MHz
19:29:36.315: Physical Cores: 4, Logical Cores: 8
19:29:36.315: Physical Memory: 16253MB Total, 9353MB Free
19:29:36.315: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 19043 (release: 2009; revision: 985; 64-bit)
Actually, this is a machine with 21H1:
1622050689522.png

How about displaying: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion, this has "21H1" for me.
You seem to display HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ReleaseId, which is still "2009" on my machine. Every release, Microsoft seems to choose a new regkey for storing the release name.

noorkarzon

Just downloaded the test build. The software immediately crashes and shuts down as soon as I create a new "Scene Collection".

MacOS 10.15.7

noorkarzon

Please post the crash log.

Sorry I'm new here. Looked around and I only found log file which seemed to be fine and didn't mention any error "except missing some jpegs". But I didn't find any crash log, or even a crash folder. Should I paste the normal log file here?

3lementFisher

I'm happy to report the crashing of the game capture when changing settings has disappeared. I'm only having strange laggy issues with the UI in OBS in RC6. Such as the audio mixer monitors are laggy when showing the current levels. They're jumpy rather than smooth in v26. Also the browser docks are laggier in this release than in the stable release. I can't really produce a log for this as it's not in relation to the streaming performance but I am having to use my phone as a preview as it is a bit too laggy for my liking.

DReffects

I am unable to reproduce this given the reproduction steps.
Thanks for checking. I am talking about this button:
1622116406543.png

It does not reset the values of the filter to its defaults for me.

I've did a little bit of testing: Turns out the bug only occurs when you have a source that does not have any other filters on it.
  • Create a new media source
  • Just add a single filter: chroma key
  • change values
  • hit default key -> does not work
If you then add another filter, the default button of chroma key all of a sudden works.
If still works if you remove all other filters besides chroma key and do not close the filter window in between.
If you remove all filters, close the filter window, reopen it, reapply only chroma key, the bug is back :-)

Hope this helps!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Thanks for checking. I am talking about this button:
View attachment 71569

It does not reset the values of the filter to its defaults for me.

I've did a little bit of testing: Turns out the bug only occurs when you have a source that does not have any other filters on it.
  • Create a new media source
  • Just add a single filter: chroma key
  • change values
  • hit default key -> does not work
If you then add another filter, the default button of chroma key all of a sudden works.
If still works if you remove all other filters besides chroma key and do not close the filter window in between.
If you remove all filters, close the filter window, reopen it, reapply only chroma key, the bug is back :-)

Hope this helps!
Ah, I was able to reproduce on specifically a media source, as well as a video capture device. It doesn't happen on an image source or display capture.

Mister36

Version: OBS 27.0.0-rc6 (64-bit, windows)
Issue: Windows 21H1 release not logged correctly in OBS logfile:
Code:
19:29:36.315: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
19:29:36.315: CPU Speed: 4008MHz
19:29:36.315: Physical Cores: 4, Logical Cores: 8
19:29:36.315: Physical Memory: 16253MB Total, 9353MB Free
19:29:36.315: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 19043 (release: 2009; revision: 985; 64-bit)
Actually, this is a machine with 21H1:
View attachment 71561

How about displaying: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion, this has "21H1" for me.
You seem to display HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ReleaseId, which is still "2009" on my machine. Every release, Microsoft seems to choose a new regkey for storing the release name.

I confirmed this is the case as well

DReffects

Ah, I was able to reproduce on specifically a media source, as well as a video capture device. It doesn't happen on an image source or display capture.
excellent, thanks. Were you able to reproduce the other two reports or do you need more details on those? :-)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm not sure I would categorize the other two reports as "bugs", at least to the extent that they need to be addressed before the v27 launch. The third report was already present in v26 so that will also not be addressed in v27 as it's too late in the process to include bug fixes for brand new bugs.

DReffects

I'm not sure I would categorize the other two reports as "bugs", at least to the extent that they need to be addressed before the v27 launch. The third report was already present in v26 so that will also not be addressed in v27 as it's too late in the process to include bug fixes for brand new bugs.
Ah yes, they are most certainly not causing the software to be unuseable ;-)
Is there a dedicated area for feature suggestions / bug reports besides this thread?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Bug report:
Issue: Use Matte Track "Seperate File option" is disappered from the menu.

View attachment 71665
Not a bug. The RC6 patch notes say that it was removed intentionally due to unreliability. It will be added back once we can guarantee that two media sources can be decoded for playback at the same rate.

Gradus

Not a bug. The RC6 patch notes say that it was removed intentionally due to unreliability. It will be added back once we can guarantee that two media sources can be decoded for playback at the same rate.

Sorry, I have missed the patch notes. Thank you for letting me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.