OBS Studio 27.2 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
We're tracking the hard lock issue closely -- please be sure to post your log if you experience the issue.

Unfortunately we are going to be forced to release as soon as possible due to the Twitch API deprecation without having a complete understanding of what causes this hang issue, but we're hoping that we can identify the cause quickly and work toward a hotfix. So far we suspect it might be related to NVIDIA drivers and/or the CEF 95 upgrade, but reproducing the issue has proven difficult. We greatly appreciate any debugging information you can provide.

Padinn

We're tracking the hard lock issue closely -- please be sure to post your log if you experience the issue.

Unfortunately we are going to be forced to release as soon as possible due to the Twitch API deprecation without having a complete understanding of what causes this hang issue, but we're hoping that we can identify the cause quickly and work toward a hotfix. So far we suspect it might be related to NVIDIA drivers and/or the CEF 95 upgrade, but reproducing the issue has proven difficult. We greatly appreciate any debugging information you can provide.
I am noticing it is crashing pretty consistently when I switch to my "BRB" scene. I don't know if my log will help much, I've had it crash twice before even starting just selecting that scene.

**EDIT**
Make that three times straight. Hopefully that helps you guys narrow it down, seems easy to replicate doing that. I missed that 27.2 official is out, I will test that now.

Last edited:

Padinn

Yeah, official launch crashed immediately too. On Nvidia drivers that released today, it seems worse then yesterday.

ZakkWolf

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but it seems like others are having a similar issue as myself in this thread.

Up until updating to 27.2.0 OBS has run perfectly fine. Since updating last night, both OBS and Windows has been freezing to the point that a hard reset is necessary.

This is the general course of action, leading up to a crash:

Upon launching OBS the software runs fine for a while (Not streaming or recording, the time period can range from a minute to 20 minutes), thereafter the Webcam crashes, browser sources stop working and then OBS itself freezes. This is followed by Windows locking up as well.

On different occasions, various different things continued to occur.

On some crashes, my mouse cursor still works. While on others the sound continues to play.

On one specific crash, Windows froze for about 3 minutes, then went to a black screen and I could hear beeping (through my headphones). None of this happened in the previous version of OBS.

My Windows & Nvidia drivers are up to date, and graphical stress tests don't cause any issues. Attached are the crash reports I could retrieve. PS, not all crash reports were saved as most of the time I had to hard reset my PC.

Whoa, as I'm writing this I have OBS open (not streaming or recording) and my Windows locked up, only to come back...

Something else I should also mention is that I have had a look at Windows Reliability History - after these crashes, and it states: LiveKernelEvent Code 141, which I believe is related to graphics drivers, correct me if I'm wrong.

I also noted that two of the crash reports mention "nvaudioeffects.dll"

I'm not sure if any of this will help, as it's my first time posting. But hopefully, something may be gleamed to solve this issue.

Kind Regards
Zakk

Attachments

• Crash 2022-01-17 17-39-56.txt
    150 KB · Views: 70
  • Crash 2022-02-14 17-07-27.txt
    150 KB · Views: 58
  • Crash 2022-02-15 08-30-08.txt
    150 KB · Views: 63

Gradus

Hi guys,

I have installed 27.2 yesterday and my streaming PC got frozen after 15 minutes. I have tried several times, but the same issue occured each time. I have reverted OBS version to 27.1.3 and it runs solid.

SteveH73

Hi peoples, just a quick note that after I installed move transition 2.5.8 using the windows installer, obs 27.2 hangs on startup. Not sure if related to your issue or not but uninstall fixed. (Also are you aware that in studio mode, source show/hides do not affect program but only preview?)

Update: after unzipping file and reinstalling, obs seems ok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.