OBS Studio 27.2 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

uematsufreak

I'm unsure if it's necessarily due to OBS, but this has been an issue since using both 27.2 RC1 and 27.2 RC4. Sometimes when I click (either left click or right click) while OBS is open, my entire system freezes. I'm currently leaving OBS closed for the time being to see if I can replicate the issue with OBS closed, but I've had five full freezes so far with OBS open in the last 10 or so hours of OBS being open on my machine. (I've removed my mouse software and updated my video drivers as well and the issue persisted.)

uematsufreak

I've rolled back to 27.1.3 and have been doing work in it for the past 5.5 hours with no issue, so it does seem very likely the freezes were being caused by 27.2 RC builds.

troyhammaren

I'm unsure if it's necessarily due to OBS, but this has been an issue since using both 27.2 RC1 and 27.2 RC4. Sometimes when I click (either left click or right click) while OBS is open, my entire system freezes. I'm currently leaving OBS closed for the time being to see if I can replicate the issue with OBS closed, but I've had five full freezes so far with OBS open in the last 10 or so hours of OBS being open on my machine. (I've removed my mouse software and updated my video drivers as well and the issue persisted.)
Same here. System completely freezes up at random times while OBS RC4 is running. Could be a plugin..

uematsufreak

"2022-02-07 14-27-39" is the first freeze I got on RC1 about 1.5 hours into a stream. "2022-02-08 22-27-19" is the fifth (and last before rolling back) freeze I got on RC4 just testing things in OBS while migrating between bots. I've had 27.1.3 open for around 20 hours straight now with no issue.

Attachments

• 2022-02-07 14-27-39.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2022-02-08 22-27-19.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 48

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
"2022-02-07 14-27-39" is the first freeze I got on RC1 about 1.5 hours into a stream. "2022-02-08 22-27-19" is the fifth (and last before rolling back) freeze I got on RC4 just testing things in OBS while migrating between bots. I've had 27.1.3 open for around 20 hours straight now with no issue.
To confirm, this is a whole system freeze, not just OBS hanging ("Not Responding")?

uematsufreak

For me yes. Full hard lock. All audio stops, everything completely stops responding (including inputs) 100% system-wide. Have to hold the power button to turn off and cold boot from there.

troyhammaren

To confirm, this is a whole system freeze, not just OBS hanging ("Not Responding")?
Same here. The whole system freezes completely. In my case mostly a few minutes after starting OBS. The interesting thing is: As far as I can tell (still testing though), this problem doesn't occur if I start OBS in portable mode (different folder/location, same settings/scenes, same plugins)..

uematsufreak

My freezes take anywhere from 15 minutes to three hours to happen. So far I've only installed the RC builds over my 27.1.3 stable build though, so maybe a portable version placed elsewhere would be good for me, too.

lblabr

Same here. The whole system freezes completely. In my case mostly a few minutes after starting OBS. The interesting thing is: As far as I can tell (still testing though), this problem doesn't occur if I start OBS in portable mode (different folder/location, same settings/scenes, same plugins)..
i have a question: how do you start OBS with correct path ? i'm trying to start obs in autostart i have problems to configure the right path locations, manuall starting from installation path works, but executing from absolute path does not

thanks in advance

Lars

troyhammaren

i have a question: how do you start OBS with correct path ? i'm trying to start obs in autostart i have problems to configure the right path locations, manuall starting from installation path works, but executing from absolute path does not

thanks in advance

Lars
Not sure, if I understand your question.

Make sure you properly start OBS in portable mode. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-and-obs-studio-portable-mode-on-windows.359/ I copied all my settings from %appdata%\obs-studio to the portable path \config\obs-studio.

troyhammaren

My freezes take anywhere from 15 minutes to three hours to happen. So far I've only installed the RC builds over my 27.1.3 stable build though, so maybe a portable version placed elsewhere would be good for me, too.
OBS 27.2.0 RC4 in portable mode was running without any problems for the last 15 hours. The installed version (I installed/updated it over 27.1.3 too) still freezes the system after a few minutes.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Are you absolutely sure that the portal version has all the same plugins? Can you post a log from the portable version?

troyhammaren

Are you absolutely sure that the portal version has all the same plugins? Can you post a log from the portable version?
The portable version should have all the same plugins because I copied all the relevant files from the installation folder straight to the portable folder. Here's a log file from the portable version.

Attachments

• 2022-02-11 01-17-10.txt
    410.8 KB · Views: 63

Padinn

Also getting a full system lock on RC4 but its hard to replicate. If it happens its usually in first ten minutes of stream and happens right after a scene switch. I've also gamed on it fine for 7+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.