OBS Studio 25.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I use a HDMI splitter I use for my Switch to fix any EDID issues it may cause with my capture devices. I use a ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D HDMI splitter that has a EDID duration of 4 seconds. I have also tried plugging unhooking the HDMI splitter from my setup and just plugging in the HDMI cable my consoles directly into my capture card and I experience the same issue. I have also tried just plugging in my HD60 S into my motherboard's USB 3.0 ports and unplugging everything else and still experience the same issue.
I had a original HD60 capture card lying around and thought this could be a USB 3.0 issue. So I tried using the original HD60 with USB 2.0 and I had the same issue using the HD60 card in OBS 25 RC5. I have tried using both the HD60 and the HD60 S with multiple consoles including a Nintendo Switch, a PS4 Pro with HDCP turned off, a Xbox One, and a Wii U to see if I have the same issue. Every system provide me with the same results with both capture cards and also using a HDMI splitter with EDID support. I am using the newest Game Capture HD software and the latest drivers with my capture card.
I was able to replicate this issue on another computer using a fresh install of OBS 25 RC5. I never experienced this issue using OBS 24.0.3 on any computer using any Elgato capture card. I will include another set of log files showing this issue using my laptop with just one capture card plugged into it at a time. I have also included not only a log file from OBS 24.0.3 showing this issue is not present on that version of OBS, but also here's a list of the software and driver information for my Elgato capture cards.

Game Capture HD version 3.70.43
HD60 S driver version 1.1.0.187.2
HD60 driver version 2.1.1.5a

I am still not able to replicate this issue. Can you provide exact, step by step replication steps on every step you are taking from a clean install of OBS? I apologize for the trouble here, but I'm not able to get the same results so I need to know exactly what you are doing. Each setting change, button click, etc. Be as detailed as you can so we can try to replicate, as even the smallest workflow change could be triggering this issue for you and not for me.

EDIT: Also, if you are able to join our Discord so we can get a bit more hands on with this issue, that would be very helpful. Feel free to ping me (Fenrir in the user list) and I can take a closer look and we can do some more testing.

lesstech64

I am still not able to replicate this issue. Can you provide exact, step by step replication steps on every step you are taking from a clean install of OBS? I apologize for the trouble here, but I'm not able to get the same results so I need to know exactly what you are doing. Each setting change, button click, etc. Be as detailed as you can so we can try to replicate, as even the smallest workflow change could be triggering this issue for you and not for me.

EDIT: Also, if you are able to join our Discord so we can get a bit more hands on with this issue, that would be very helpful. Feel free to ping me (Fenrir in the user list) and I can take a closer look and we can do some more testing.

@Fenrir @Jim I'll join the Discord to help make this troubleshooting easier. I go by the name SonicGhost64 on Discord. So I'll reference my original post from here on the forum in the #beta-testing channel to not confuse anyone. Sorry for all of the trouble and confusion I may be causing regarding this issue I'm experiencing. I appreciate everyone's help on the matter.

SkeletonBow

Changing the "Language" changes the initial value of "SceneTransitions" for the scene selected in "SceneCollection" to "Fade".

I've confirmed the language setting changing the transition type problem above.

Reproduction steps:
  1. Set transition type to Cut
  2. Change language from English to Francais in settings, let OBS restart itself
  3. Change language from Francais to English in settings, let OBS restart itself
Transition type is now set to Fade.

SpkBrkEng_jp

I'm not getting this behavior. Can you provide exact steps and maybe a screenshot showing what is happening?

Select "Cut" in Japanese, change to English UI and restart.
The first display in English is "Fade".
When closing OBS
Overwritten with "current_transition": "Fade", [.json]

I want to keep the "cut" because I use the "motion effect" plug-in frequently.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Select "Cut" in Japanese, change to English UI and restart.
The first display in English is "Fade".
When closing OBS
Overwritten with "current_transition": "Fade", [.json]

I want to keep the "cut" because I use the "motion effect" plug-in frequently.

Thanks, we were able to confirm. A fix didn't make it in to release, but we have it logged and it will be addressed in a future update.

Padinn

I have an issue where my browser source audio doesn't seem to be playing or being captured (I'm not seeing any volume on the audio mixer from the source). I have it set to have OBS control sound and have the advanced audio output set, I also have it set to monitor and output. Seems weird since it was periodically working.

Padinn

It seems that disabling OBS Controlling the audio on the browser source works...

*EDIT* To clarify - I at least get audio through the browser source this way. If I enable OBS Audio handling, it's silent, and I don't see any sound in the audio mixer. I did get it to work for a few seconds but it cut out again - not sure what is causing that to happen.

Padinn

This is the error from the log file that I think might be related:
obs-browser: Blocked script execution in 'about:blank' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set. (source: link)

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
I have an issue where my browser source audio doesn't seem to be playing or being captured (I'm not seeing any volume on the audio mixer from the source). I have it set to have OBS control sound and have the advanced audio output set, I also have it set to monitor and output. Seems weird since it was periodically working.
This is a known issue (was introduced in RC4 I believe) and will be fixed in the 25.0 release.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hey folks, closing this thread down for new replies. Now that v25 is fully released, please report any issues you may encounter through the normal support channels. Thanks so much to everyone who helped us test this giant, amazing release!

Status
Not open for further replies.