OBS Studio 25.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS Studio 25.0.0 Release Candidate 3 is now available for testing:

koala

For Outlook and OneNote, try switching from the Auto mode. Currently we're going based on a whitelist and will grow it over time.
Yes, this works. If I manually change to Windows Graphics Capture, Outlook and Onenote 2016 get the yellow border on the desktop and appear correctly within OBS. The other MS Office desktop apps as well.
However, the Onedrive app doesn't result in anything if I change to Windows Graphics Capture - not even black. It's simply nothing.

SpkBrkEng_jp

rc4
Apply the VST 2.x plugin to the filter.
We have confirmed that obs64.exe remains in the Windows process even after exiting OBS.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
rc4
Apply the VST 2.x plugin to the filter.
We have confirmed that obs64.exe remains in the Windows process even after exiting OBS.
I cannot reproduce this with the reaper VSTs. Which specific VST plugin are you seeing this issue with?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
OBS Studio 25.0 RC4 should work with the Y5S1 update of Rainbow Six Siege. Please give it a try and let us know your results.

lesstech64

I upgraded from OBS 24.0.3 to OBS 25 Release Candidate 4 and noticed that Elgato capture card settings are bugged. I have both my consoles and my capture card set to 1080p 60 fps. But when I load up my scene collections, my capture card settings reset to 480p at 30 fps. Once I apply my new settings to my HD60 S capture card, they do not save upon loading up a different scene collection. Even loading back into a scene collection that has my capture card set to 1080p at 60fps it resets back to 480p 30 fps. This issue was not present in OBS 24.0.3.

Capture 1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I upgraded from OBS 24.0.3 to OBS 25 Release Candidate 4 and noticed that Elgato capture card settings are bugged. I have both my consoles and my capture card set to 1080p 60 fps. But when I load up my scene collections, my capture card settings reset to 480p at 30 fps. Once I apply my new settings to my HD60 S capture card, they do not save upon loading up a different scene collection. Even loading back into a scene collection that has my capture card set to 1080p at 60fps it resets back to 480p 30 fps. This issue was not present in OBS 24.0.3.
Can you provide an OBS log from a session where this happens? I cannot replicate this issue on my end with the same capture device.

lesstech64

Can you provide an OBS log from a session where this happens? I cannot replicate this issue on my end with the same capture device.

Here's the log file from the OBS session I posted about here on the forum showcasing this issue.

Attachments

• 2020-03-10 16-37-32.txt
    36.7 KB · Views: 74

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Here's the log file from the OBS session I posted about here on the forum showcasing this issue.

So, I'm looking at this again and I see two potential issues. First, there's a few of these messages in your log:

Code:
16:38:37.452: DShow: HDevice::ConnectPins: failed to connect pins (0x800705AA): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Which indicates that your system is struggling to run the device for some reason. Likely USB root hub is being overloaded.

Second, you're trying to capture a Switch which is notorious for sending the incorrect EDID information to displays and capture devices. What is likely happening is that the Switch is sending the wrong data to the capture card, which is then detecting the signal as at 480p and switching modes internally to be "helpful". I would recommend picking up an HDMI splitter with EDID selection on it. Monoprice has one I picked up for this exact issue that has been working very well.

Zeros.81

If you have a Group of sources it doesn't show as an existing group when you want to use it in other scene. Tested with RC4 and RC5

lesstech64

So, I'm looking at this again and I see two potential issues. First, there's a few of these messages in your log:

Code:
16:38:37.452: DShow: HDevice::ConnectPins: failed to connect pins (0x800705AA): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Which indicates that your system is struggling to run the device for some reason. Likely USB root hub is being overloaded.

Second, you're trying to capture a Switch which is notorious for sending the incorrect EDID information to displays and capture devices. What is likely happening is that the Switch is sending the wrong data to the capture card, which is then detecting the signal as at 480p and switching modes internally to be "helpful". I would recommend picking up an HDMI splitter with EDID selection on it. Monoprice has one I picked up for this exact issue that has been working very well.

I use a HDMI splitter I use for my Switch to fix any EDID issues it may cause with my capture devices. I use a ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D HDMI splitter that has a EDID duration of 4 seconds. I have also tried plugging unhooking the HDMI splitter from my setup and just plugging in the HDMI cable my consoles directly into my capture card and I experience the same issue. I have also tried just plugging in my HD60 S into my motherboard's USB 3.0 ports and unplugging everything else and still experience the same issue.
I had a original HD60 capture card lying around and thought this could be a USB 3.0 issue. So I tried using the original HD60 with USB 2.0 and I had the same issue using the HD60 card in OBS 25 RC5. I have tried using both the HD60 and the HD60 S with multiple consoles including a Nintendo Switch, a PS4 Pro with HDCP turned off, a Xbox One, and a Wii U to see if I have the same issue. Every system provide me with the same results with both capture cards and also using a HDMI splitter with EDID support. I am using the newest Game Capture HD software and the latest drivers with my capture card.
I was able to replicate this issue on another computer using a fresh install of OBS 25 RC5. I never experienced this issue using OBS 24.0.3 on any computer using any Elgato capture card. I will include another set of log files showing this issue using my laptop with just one capture card plugged into it at a time. I have also included not only a log file from OBS 24.0.3 showing this issue is not present on that version of OBS, but also here's a list of the software and driver information for my Elgato capture cards.

Game Capture HD version 3.70.43
HD60 S driver version 1.1.0.187.2
HD60 driver version 2.1.1.5a

OBS 25 RC5 HD60 Resolution Issue.PNG

Attachments

• 2020-03-12 16-21-32 (HD60 S Using Xbox One Directly Into Card).txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 2020-03-12 16-28-20 (HD60 Using Xbox One Directly Into Card).txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2020-03-12 16-33-45 (HD60 S Using Xbox One With HDMI Splitter with EDID).txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 2020-03-12 16-45-54 (OBS 24.0.3 - HD60 S Using Xbox One With HDMI Splitter with EDID).txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.