OBS Studio 25.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Windows 7 I tested the capture of games on Vulkan.
Now tested the capture of the RPCS3 emulator on Vulkan.
Capture works. Still capture The Surge 2 does not work, black screen.

SpkBrkEng_jp

25.0 rc2

I felt that some changes in filters and properties were only saved in the exported file when exporting the scene.

Even if OBS is closed, obs64.exe can remain in the Windows process and cause problems.

When you cite a scene as a source, you face the problem that the scene with the same name as the quoted scene continues to proliferate. This is only when the plugin [motion-effect-1.2.1.zip] is used.

I'm sorry if the reporting location is different.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Just on Windows 7 I tested the capture of games on Vulkan.
Now tested the capture of the RPCS3 emulator on Vulkan.
Capture works. Still capture The Surge 2 does not work, black screen.
Can you post your log of when you tried The Surge 2?

regstuff

Some nice features here. One suggestion with regards to SRT is that since SRT supports multiple audio tracks, it would be nice if that feature were enabled in the OBS UI as well.

So in the Audio Track setting under Output , instead of have radio buttons for the audio tracks, having check boxes that allow you to stream multiple audio tracks would be nice.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Looks like The Surge 2 has the same issue as Rainbow Six Siege where they will need to update the game to allow OBS to hook the game.

Looks like The Surge 2 has the same issue as Rainbow Six Siege where they will need to update the game to allow OBS to hook the game.
You never answered, Windows 7 is supported, right? I checked and it works except for The Surge 2.
Why aren't The Surge 2 and Rainbow Six captured?

SpectreKid

You never answered, Windows 7 is supported, right? I checked and it works except for The Surge 2.
Why aren't The Surge 2 and Rainbow Six captured?
OBS 25.0.0 is still a candidate build. It looks to be that R6 and Surge isn't supported.. yet. They need to update the game so that OBS can hook the game and you can record it. Without the hook, your game won't show up in the Game Capture source. 25.0.0 is still an early beta, so some games may not work.

OBS 25.0.0 is still a candidate build. It looks to be that R6 and Surge isn't supported.. yet. They need to update the game so that OBS can hook the game and you can record it. Without the hook, your game won't show up in the Game Capture source. 25.0.0 is still an early beta, so some games may not work.
As I already wrote, RPCS3 is captured perfectly, but this is not an official program.

SpectreKid

As I already wrote, RPCS3 is captured perfectly, but this is not an official program.
RPCS3 and R6 do not utilize the same engine. It is up to Ubisoft to update the game to support the new OBS Studio hook, and since OBS v25 is still early access, Ubisoft probably wouldn't update the game just yet, but maybe down the line. Try running R6 w/o Vulkan.

koala

The new window capture is great! Many more apps can be captured now. However, some Microsoft apps still refuse to be captured correctly:
- Office 365 Outlook: only some text visible
- Onenote 2016 desktop: only some text visible
- Onenote App from Windows 10: completely black
Workaround as usual is to disable hardware acceleration, but for the Onenote App this isn't available.
Windows 10 settings isn't appearing as available for window capture at all.
Office 365 Word and Excel seem to work fine.

Horusstv

Tried to add a new source, window capture and it crashes.
Tried while streaming first, then tried offline, same result, basically cant add a new window capture source.
Windows 10, 970, x264, AMD Ryzen 3700x

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
The new window capture is great! Many more apps can be captured now. However, some Microsoft apps still refuse to be captured correctly:
- Office 365 Outlook: only some text visible
- Onenote 2016 desktop: only some text visible
- Onenote App from Windows 10: completely black
Workaround as usual is to disable hardware acceleration, but for the Onenote App this isn't available.
Windows 10 settings isn't appearing as available for window capture at all.
Office 365 Word and Excel seem to work fine.
For Outlook and OneNote, try switching from the Auto mode. Currently we're going based on a whitelist and will grow it over time.

Settings is currently blacklisted, that might change in the future.

Tried to add a new source, window capture and it crashes.
Tried while streaming first, then tried offline, same result, basically cant add a new window capture source.
Windows 10, 970, x264, AMD Ryzen 3700x
Sounds like you're running RC1. Make sure you update to RC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.