OBS Studio 23.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhornFPS

I have constant lagged frames in this version, no matter if I record or not, if nvenc is set or x264, even when just previewing.

Zero lagged frames on 22.0.2.

This is a stream pc, so it shouldn't really lag frames at all, maybe an issue with a certain capture card? I use the elgato 4k60 pro and an avermedia LG4k.

Attachments

• 2019-02-10 16-31-24.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 118

Shtutik

Hello guys,i cant find any info on new NVENC, Nvidia says it compares to Fast/Medium x264 yet i found a Twitch stream with OBS beta and RTX 2080(best quality settings) and quality looks on par with Veryfast x264 maybe a little better. Nowhere near x264 Fast, some people say its on par with veryfast, some people say its like fast, BUT they dont give any proof. There is only 1 video on Youtube comparing RTX Nvenc to x264 and the guy is probably paid by Nvidia. So how good is New NVENC qualitywise compared to x264 fast/medium ?

Overflow

Hello guys,i cant find any info on new NVENC, Nvidia says it compares to Fast/Medium x264 yet i found a Twitch stream with OBS beta and RTX 2080(best quality settings) and quality looks on par with Veryfast x264 maybe a little better. Nowhere near x264 Fast, some people say its on par with veryfast, some people say its like fast, BUT they dont give any proof. There is only 1 video on Youtube comparing RTX Nvenc to x264 and the guy is probably paid by Nvidia. So how good is New NVENC qualitywise compared to x264 fast/medium ?
I Will do a try tonight, I have used new nvenc with a rtx 2070 this morning at max quality and 7k bitrates. Tonight I will do x264 with Fast preset and 7k bitrates and I will post clips here.

Shtutik

I Will do a try tonight, I have used new nvenc with a rtx 2070 this morning at max quality and 7k bitrates. Tonight I will do x264 with Fast preset and 7k bitrates and I will post clips here.
Thank you, im choosing between Ryzen2700x or an RTX card but theres little to no info on quality. Ryzen can go to fast 100% even medium, if RTX can do fast x264 than its very good. The difference in quality really shows in movement heavy games, old NVENC if you stream COD turn and move fast the whole stream + webcam is in pixels and looks horrible, while x264 medium looks very clean all the time

Overflow

Thank you, im choosing between Ryzen2700x or an RTX card but theres little to no info on quality. Ryzen can go to fast 100% even medium, if RTX can do fast x264 than its very good. The difference in quality really shows in movement heavy games, old NVENC if you stream COD turn and move fast the whole stream + webcam is in pixels and looks horrible, while x264 medium looks very clean all the time
You can already see a comparison from this 2 vods on twitch.

This one is 1080p@60fps, x264, Medium Preset, 8000Kbps bitrate

x264 Medium 8000Kbps

This one is 1080p@60fps Nvenc (new rtx 2070) Max Quality Preset, Psycho Visual Tunin ON, Look-ahead ON, 8000Kbps bitrate

New Nvenc (RTX 2070) Max Quality 8000Kbps

The game is Metro 2033 Redux for both streaming.

Overflow

Ok so, i did the test tonight. I think New Nvenc Turing Codec is more like faster o veryfast quality in high motion scene. I tried Metro 2033 Redux at 1080p@60fps with Max Quality Preset on Nvenc and 8000Kbps of bitrate, Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-ahead both enabled. VS. 1080p@60fps Fast Preset on x264 and 8000Kbps bitrate. I post here 2 clips in the point where the difference is really noticeable.

Look while i'm using the fire and doing high motion movements. x264 is way better than New Nvenc and really less blockyness.

x264 Fast Preset

Here i was with lighter and fire, and you can notice more blockyness.

New Nvenc Max Quality Preset

What do you think about that?

Narcogen

I have constant lagged frames in this version, no matter if I record or not, if nvenc is set or x264, even when just previewing.

Zero lagged frames on 22.0.2.

This is a stream pc, so it shouldn't really lag frames at all, maybe an issue with a certain capture card? I use the elgato 4k60 pro and an avermedia LG4k.

16:31:24.237: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 523; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date and game mode is on by default and cannot be turned off. May or may not be causing your issue, but I thought I would mention it.

Shtutik

Ok so, i did the test tonight. I think New Nvenc Turing Codec is more like faster o veryfast quality in high motion scene. I tried Metro 2033 Redux at 1080p@60fps with Max Quality Preset on Nvenc and 8000Kbps of bitrate, Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-ahead both enabled. VS. 1080p@60fps Fast Preset on x264 and 8000Kbps bitrate. I post here 2 clips in the point where the difference is really noticeable.

Look while i'm using the fire and doing high motion movements. x264 is way better than New Nvenc and really less blockyness.

x264 Fast Preset

Here i was with lighter and fire, and you can notice more blockyness.

New Nvenc Max Quality Preset

What do you think about that?
Yeah screenshot you can see a lot of pixels here LOL, i wonder can you go through the web with fast x 264? I think that if you will stream on NVENC a game like Apex Legends you will get pixelated image and your webcam as well which sucks a lot. So either NVIDIA lied and its not even close to x264 or NVENC in OBS Beta is not there yet, i think first one 90% just a marketing ploy.

Last edited:

koala

A bug in rc1, as far as I see:
It's about the blue rectangle you see in the preview when you hover a source. It does not behave correctly for references.
  • create 2 references of the same source in the same scene
  • crop them differently to different sizes by alt-dragging the borders and move them a bit, so they are distinguishable
  • if you hover one (1), the blue rectangle is shown correctly
  • if you hover the other (2), the blue rectangle shows the first source (1) again, not the other source (2). Or it shows no rectangle at all.
Also observed:
  • the blue rectangle does not show for deactivated sources (might be intentional from developer's side, but undesired for the user - depends on why the user deactivated the source). Deactivated groups are shown, but other sources seem not.
  • hovering from an active source to a deactivated source, the blue rectangle stays from the previous source instead of either going away or showing the new (deactivated) source

AhornFPS

16:31:24.237: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 523; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date and game mode is on by default and cannot be turned off. May or may not be causing your issue, but I thought I would mention it.

updated to the last version of win 10, still having lagged frames on preview only on a stream pc.

TheRealNap0le0n

With Twitch Integrated the stream key box goes away, is there anyway to run a bandwidth test while logged in to Twitch or will it be a log out and test situation?

ntoff

With Twitch Integrated the stream key box goes away, is there anyway to run a bandwidth test while logged in to Twitch or will it be a log out and test situation?
Could you set up 2 separate profiles, one for regular streaming, and one for bandwidth testing? Log into the regular one, use a stream key for the testing profile?

DIRTY CES

re installed windows 10 on my pc, fully updated i believe because windows update says i'm up to date.

i7 7700k
cbr
preset veryfast
bitrate 8000
keyfram 2
profile i either used high or main
xbox connect to internal elgato hd60 pro

Stream looks worse than before. I posted a log. can someone see if something is wrong please. I will try nvenc new tonight becuase I have a 2080ti.

I also stream and record at the same time.

Last question I added the capture source and now it show up GAME CAPTURE HD60 PRO and ELGATO GAME CAPTURE. Which one should I choose. They both show my xbox.

Thanks for any help.

oh forgot maybe you guys know this I reinstalled windows. I have the asus strix z270e motherboard. I don't know If i messed up here but I installed the chipset driver,audio driver,lan driver, from the product page on asus. should I have done that or left it alone because the drivers said it was from 2017. dont know if windows update put in updated drivers when I did the clean install

Attachments

• 2019-02-10 20-43-10.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 51

TheRealNap0le0n

You prob shouldn't stream at 1080p60 8k bitrate unless you are partnered, twitch doesn't like more than 6k bitrate plus you limit your audience severely just FYI
Here is a test of the new Look-ahead and Psycho tuning features on PUBG.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/378922918
- New Nvenc
- 1080p60fps
- 8000kpbs CBR
- Max quality
- Look-ahead & Psycho tuning ON

0 frame lost with uncapped framerate on a rtx 2070 / i7 8700K

Status
Not open for further replies.