OBS & Streamyard (& VoiceMeeter?)

daschrislydon

Hi there

I've spent several hours Googling and watching YouTube videos to try and figure this out... but haven't got there yet. Maybe someone can help point me in the right direction?

Overall, I would like to:
Use OBS to broadcast to Streamyard.

I want to use OBS because I have two webcams that I want to cut between - different angles of my setup in the room here - but I only want to use the sound from one webcam.

I want to use Streamyard so we can stream to Facebook and Youtube at the same time, on a relatively low bandwidth connection.

And ideally, I only want the sound from that single webcam to be present when I am on that scene in OBS. (E.g. if there is a video-file-only scene playing from OBS, I just want the audio of the video to be heard in Streamyard...)

I can get Streamyard to see the OBS Virtual Cam (i'm on OBS 26.1.1 64 bit Windows 10) just fine.

But I can't seem to work out how to get Streamyard to get the audio from OBS as it comes.

I have the 2 video capture sources set to use "custom audio device" - set to the main webcam audio input.
When I do a recording from OBS all is as expected - no mic input when video-file plays, mic input works from both scenes (two different webcam views)

But Streamyard will only let me choose a mic from my computer..... which would be OK, I could choose the main webcam mic, but then the mic audio is being captured all the time....

Someone suggested using VoiceMeeter to route the audio, so I've installed VoiceMeeter Banana, but can't work it out.

I just want ALL the OBS audio, exactly as it comes from OBS, to be the source for Streamyard...

Is what I'm asking possible?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Chris

DebbieJ

I've had the same problem... and think I finally figured out. On my Streamyard browser input scene, I made sure NOT to have a second audio input. Then on the scenes that has the other webcam has an audio input. I did a test recording, and the audio was perfectly synced with no echo. As long as I have ONE input for my Snowball mic in each scene (the Streamyard one has it setup IN Streamyard), I should be good... now to find a way to increase performance. Running streamyard in a browser (so I can have one of my cameras and a mic connected) and having a browser running in obs is using up ALL my computer resources. and the buffering is driving me crazy

I am having the same problem trying to get OBS to Voicemeeter to Streamyard. I got everything hooked up by watching tutorials, but I am having issues with the audio going out in the stream. What am I doing wrong? Can someone look at my settings? I really want to produce how my talk show use to run. thanks