OBS stream to YouTube with Zoom Dropped Frames every 30 min or so.

We have been streaming using YouTube, and every once in a while during the long session, there is a moment when it drops several hundred frames, then it's stable for a while. About 30 minutes into this stream session, it dropped a bunch of frames. I've set up this OBS with little understanding of OBS, and I suppose that I missed something in the setup.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 2024-04-27 14-24-08.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 3

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
CABLE-B Output (VB-Audio Cable B): 44100 Hz
Microphone (3- AT2020USB-XP): 48000 Hz
Microphone (Yeti Nano): 48000 Hz
3. Dropped frames can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.
If a wired connection does not or cannot resolve the issue, stream with regular RTMP (not RTMPS) and enable Dynamic Bitrate.
If still having issues, follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues.

If still having issues after making those changes, post a new log.

Bigblack420i

Hello. I am a YouTuber who hasn't been on in the last 7 years due to trying to get the proper cameras for obs studios. But now that I have everything set up I'm having a really big problem with OBS studios on windows. I cannot switch scenes while recording. Can you please tell me how to fix this problem so I can switch between my game and my cameras while recording????
I have my hotkeys set up. And when I'm not recording the hot keys do work. But when I try to record the hot keys do not work and it stays on the video game itself.

qhobbes

@Bigblack420i Settings > Advanced > Hotkeys. Make sure Hotkey Focus Behavior is set to "Never disable hotkeys". [Apply], [OK]
If still having issues, then post a log that includes switching scenes with hotkeys before recording.