OBS stream key field input visible

Peters

Hi,
I just wonder if it could be possible to put on next version a minor change on the stream key input. Now the stream key field is protected and my problem is that I cannot see what I type there and often I get typos on the key. That causes me the trouble of not getting my stream through to server.

And thanks for a really great software. Superb job.

Peters

Can you not just copy/paste the key? That's what most people do.
Yeah sure I can and in fact I have done that.

The problem is when changing between service to another or key to another I haven't been able to see it. And I want to see it. Shouldn't be a problem it being visible.

Once I had a problem with problem solving on one issue. Dunno why, but the key allways came wrong when I was copypastig it.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Just copy and paste the stream keys then. Make separate profiles for the different services you want to use so you don't have to keep entering new keys. Seems like a simple enough solution.

Peters

Just copy and paste the stream keys then. Make separate profiles for the different services you want to use so you don't have to keep entering new keys. Seems like a simple enough solution.
Well I guess its too much to ask to make it visible on the program. The point is the key to be actually visible there in OBS.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Stream keys are things that are supposed to be private. That would be like asking to make password fields readable. Surely you can understand why we want to keep that secret.

Making the stream key visible is a bad solution to the problem you're having. If you're changing stream keys frequently, setting up multiple profiles is really the way to go.

dping

Yeah, I don't want to accidentally have my stream key showing while I stream desktop. Even if its a small chance to happen, its better to be hidden.