OBS STOPPED RECEIVING AUDIO FROM iShowU

thinkaloudmusic

Hi there. I've been running OBS together with iShowU and it's been fine - I was receiving desktop audio (coming from Ableton Live). However, today my OBS stopped receiving desktop audio for no reason. I haven't changed anything except I installed some new softwares like Zoom & OBS Virtual Camera. I don't know if there is some sort of conflict that appeared because of them but it's really weird, considering that it was all working okey. I tried to route it with soundflower but it didn't receive any audio too. Thanks a lot for your help!

Best.

anniekrevice

iShowU isn't supported anymore as far as I know, it stopped working for me months ago, and had to install ShinyWhiteBox's new software that packages their new audio capture with that. I just downloaded them and installed the trial versions and the audio capture driver in that works fine.

huedoku

I just paid for the minimum ShinyWhiteBox software but can't find the "audio capture driver" I'm looking in places (like under volume and in the audio midi setup) and can't find it. Did I buy the wrong thing or am I looking in the wrong place. I can't seem to figure out a solution for my internal audio on my MacBook now that I have installed Big Sur. For context here's the recommended replacement for "IShowU" but as noted there is no link to the actual software and the notes say to buy the software.... which I did but to repeat, now that I bought something still can't find "SWB Audio Capture"

huedoku

When you say "installed automatically" does that mean it shows up under audio settings in OBS? or is it in Mac volume control? What is it called there?

anniekrevice

It should pop up when you select your aux source now, and then I went and changed my 'stream' audio profile to include both my earphones on and SWB Audio Capture