Question / Help OBS Sound via Mac/Mobile

j0uley

Hey Guys,

i'm trying to solve this problem for some hours but can't find a working solution.

Case:

I try to stream a mobile game through OBS.

1) I start Quick Time Player ad choose mobile as recording device
2) I put my Headset into my Macbook
3) I start OBS, using Quick time player to stream the mobile game and using my headset for communication
4) No GAME SOUND on Stream, neither on mobile phone. Only if i earphones into my iPhone i hear ingame sound.

How can i get my mobile game sound to OBS?

Any solution?

BG,
j0uley

j0uley

Hey @Narcogen,

thanks for your reply. I already saw this post you sent. That won't fix my problem getting the mobile phone sound to OBS :-(

LG,
j0uley

Narcogen

The only way of doing that is to 1) have quicktime or another app playthrough the audio from the mobile device to another system device and then 2) use one of the methods described on that page to capture Mac system audio in OBS.

If OBS can't directly recognize your connected mobile device as an audio input during capture, then capturing Mac desktop audio is the ONLY way you'll ever get that audio into OBS. It's not enough to do that, but any method you have of getting that audio into QuickTime or elsewhere won't help unless you can get system audio into OBS, which still requires 3rd party software-- iShowU, SoundFlower, LoopBack or an equivalent.